Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Fascination Refurbish???

Hi All!

Has anyone been on this ship since the refurbish or is it being refurbished now? Please tell all!

I see that it will be sailing out of Jax, FL next fall. This is great for me!!

I am new to carnival and excited to try it.

Thanks,
Michell
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2007, 07:34 PM
First Mate

Hi, Michell. I'm really excited about this as well. Are you in or near JAX?

It looks like part of the renovations are complete and the remainder will be done some time in 2009 after it relocates to JAX.

Evolutions of Fun’ Upgrades

The 70,000-ton Carnival Fascination underwent a multi-million-dollar renovation last year, the first phase in the line’s extensive “Evolutions of Fun? shipboard enhancement initiative for its eight “Fantasy-class? vessels .......... future “Evolutions of Fun? upgrades for the Carnival Fascination – scheduled to be completed in 2009 .....

Full story at:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/fasc_jax.aspx

Old October 24th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Passenger

Yes I am near Gville.

I am very excited about this ship coming to Jax. I have only sailed on Royal Caribbean. I was hoping that the renovations would be done by the end of October 2008 when we were planning on going, mainly the water park area. I wonder if this is a possibility.

Have you sailed on this ship before or with carnival?
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:06 PM
First Mate

It sounds like the water parks are being done last on all of the ships and that it will come in 2009 for the Fascination. But, you never know, things change.

I've never sailed her but was on her sister, the Fantasy back in 2002. They are great ships.

I think overall I probably enjoy RCI a little more but I've mostly sailed Carnival since they generally are a little more affordable.

Glenn

Old October 25th, 2007, 02:44 AM
First Mate

Seems like they would want to get the Waterworks done by the time she moves to Jacksonville which is a whole year away. I would think they would do the newest ships first but there doesnt seem to be any order. it should go:
Elation, Paradise, Inspiration, Imagination, then Fascination but they started with the Inspiration. So i have no clue.

MAY 2011 - CARNIVAL GLORY
MAY 2010 - CARNIVAL DREAM
MAY 2009 CARNIVAL FASCINATION
APR 2008 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JUN-2007 CARNIVAL SENSATION
NOV-2006 CARNIVAL LEGEND
APR-2006 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JAN -2000 CARNIVAL IMAGINATION
Old October 25th, 2007, 08:09 AM
First Mate

Yep, you would think they would want her completely finished before moving to her new home port for year-round service. We will be without a ship for a little over 4 months as it is (Celebration leaves in Apr, Fascination arrives Sept) and under this plan, she will be temp out of service again within the following 12 months.

We'll just have to wait and see. Either way though, I'm just glad she's coming!

Old October 25th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Admiral

thanks for that link, I'll be sailing Fascination while she's still out of Miami in June 2008 and I'm excited to hear she has flat screen tvs, etc. I've only been on Sensation so far.
Old October 25th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Passenger

I think I read that the inspiration was completely done?? This would also work out of Tampa, but I just returned from Cozumel and I really have no great desire to go back anytime soon unless it happens to be part of another itinerary, but all I could see out of Tampa for it ( 4 night) was just to Coz and back.