Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Passenger

Default Inexpensive cruise destinations

Call me cheap i guess, but we are looking for a possible cruise next June/July. It will be for my 40th birthday and will probably just a short 3-5 day cruise unless we can find something around 7 days. I know I see deals for $200-250 all the time, but that time of the year it seems they go up in price. Is that normal? Is carnival our best bet for an inexpensive cruise? We took a 7 day in September on Carnival and had a great time!

update:
Just to clarify, after reading what I wrote in the first place, even I didn't get what i was saying. Are there less expensive destinations that others? ie: are the bahamas less than the caribbean, baja mexico less than the east coast stuff etc.

(thanks for answering the question on if the cruises are typically more during june/july)
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

June and July are some of the highest prices all year long. Christmas is the other time.

As far as Carnival being right for you, I can't answer, but we love it.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 28th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Heck, I am making my 40th birthday a blow out, no limits cruise to Alaska! I'm fairly sure I'll go for a Cat 12 suite to spoil myself in style

Go crazy, the big 4 OH, make it a great time!

Some people like to go on the cheap, but the way I see it is if I am going to travel as far as I have to to get to Miami, or Orlando, or LA, I might as well make it worth my while. I always book Cat 8C,D, or E cabins, solo sailing or with someone. Alaska will be different, it will be easier because I can fly out at 11am (MST) and get to Vancouver at 11:30 am (PST) local time and have plenty of time to get to Canada Place to board the ship.

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....