Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Changing dates/ship, penalty???

Hello all! Dh, the kids, and I are looking toward a summer '08 cruise. I'm trying to pinpoint what ship/itinerary we'll book. Our problem lies in the fact that dh is currently in Iraq and probably won't return until summer '08. I'm trying to book this cruise based on our assumption of when he'll get leave once he's home. However, everyone knows that with the military things can change on a dime.

So, if I book a cruise and then his leave dates change and we need to change cruises will we face penalities? Does cruise insurance cover such as this? I'm wanting to book something when the reported Carnival military sale begins in November, but worry that what I book now might have to be changed as dh's return home nears and leave dates become more set in stone (as much as anything in the military can ever be set in stone, lol).
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Beginner

I have changed ships in the past and cabins as many as four times last year because of group add-ons and cancellations. I have already changes ships just last week for our 08 cruise. Have never had any penalties. But that said I have never changed after final payment. I would call Carnival and explain and see what they tell you.

Kevin
Old October 29th, 2007, 06:00 PM
First Mate

Usually no penalty per se, but if the rate has gone up or the special you booked under has expired, then you may be required to re-book at the higher rate.
Old October 29th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Once you are int he the final 60 days before the cruise departs is when the penalities will kick in. Lets hope you can pick a date and stick to it, good luck.

Message Boards Moderator