Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2007, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Those on the Bloggers Group Cruise - Come out and Play

It's only a couple of months away, so we want to encourage everyone joining us on the John Heald Bloggers Cruise on the Freedom, Jan. 19 to come out to play.

Let's help pass the time and build the anticipation, and discuss some of our plans for this cruise!!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Beginner

Hi Kuki,

Received your e-mail today regarding the bloggers cruise. We are booked on it and excited about going. We're coming from Vancouver and tired of the snow we're having here. Started our pre-cruise diet that we do each time (it's killing us) so that we can eat lots on the ship. I have been looking for some postings on this cruise but haven't been able to find any so thought I was looking in the wrong place but as you said on the e-mail no one has really been talking about it. I think people have just been busy with Christmas. We'll have lots of fun together when we're on the ship. I wanted to see what people were doing for tours - going on their own, etc. Looking forward to meeting you as this is our first Cruisemates cruise. Have read a lot of your postings. Have a great time on this next one and we'll see you by the pool on Jan. 19.

Leanne & Glenn
Old January 9th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Hi there Leanne and Glenn,

Delighted that you popped in to say hi... and a fellow Canadian to boot! (I'm from Calgary). The group has been quiet, but hopefully everyone will liven up once we hit the ship.

On the Western Itinerary we find it easy to do our own thing in most ports.... though I am considering John Heald's Beach party in Ocho Rios.

Not too long to wait until we meet. Look forward to it!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:29 PM
First Mate

We didn't get a E-mail about the Blogger cruise. 4 of us entered our names on the CCL connection and have nada. Information is very slow and its next week. Guess we don't find out till we get on board. So far a Meet at 5 for the Bloggers , we will be getting ready to go to dinner. So time will tell.
Old January 12th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Beginner

Hi There fellow bloggers. We will also be on this cruise. We had booked it several months before they announced the Bloggers thingy. I too thought there might be more talk on the boards. Finally got a e-mail, but it did not say much.

Getting very excited and trying to start packing (I am a terrible over packer). We have already booked our excursions. Going to bike in Cozumel. Climb the falls in Jamica and swim with the stingrays in the Caymans. This is our 5th cruise, but going to be the 1st one for my brother & his wife who are traveling with us.

BTW - How early can we start to board? I know they say start at 1:30, but we have to check out of our hotel before noon. Can't really go shopping because of the luggage.

Can't wait to board.

Don & Linda
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Beginner

Hi Don & Linda,

We have just booked our shore excursions this week. We're going to go to Chankanaab Park in Cozumel which we'll just take a taxi to, booked with Captain Marvins for Stingray City and Coral Gardens (think that's the name) for snorkeling, and we have booked the John Heald's Bloggers Jamaican Bash with Dunn's River Falls. Have done the falls once before 16 years ago and loved it. Really looking forward to this trip - will be packing tomorrow. Counting down the days.

I always get to the ship early as I'm excited and you have to get out of your room anyways. I've been on 12 cruises and usually get on around noon or a little later. You can always find someone in the line to talk too. I plan to be there around noon anyways.

Leanne
Old January 13th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Beginner

Hi Leann. Our last few cruises we have been at the ship around noon and usually been in our cabin by 1:30. This will be our 3rd time to walk the Falls and I am just as excited this time as the first.

See Ya