Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to jendh Send a message via Yahoo to jendh
Default What to pack for 4 day on Nov 8-12

I need help. What should I pack? I have the formal night taken care of.

Jennifer H
November 10, 2009 Carnival Triumph (Balcony)
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Well, I always say, pack what you think you will need, then take out half!
Definitely a bathing suit or 2 or 3, so you always have a dry one. Shorts, T-shirts, comfortable shoes for walking, and don't forget something nice to wear to the dining room. Remember it's your vacation, relax and enjoy!

donna
Old November 4th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Passenger

Jen,

Just got back from a cruise with 3 nieces and a sister...and believe me all their suitcases were huge and they didn't wear everything they brought! There is a laundrymat on board, complete with an ironing board, you will need quarters!) Most of the time you will be in sweats or a swimsuit, depending on how comfortable you are in your own skin. Bring a formal dress and maybe one 'less' formal dress, depending on what you have signed up for. Loads of shorts, short sleeves, one sweater, hair thingies if you have long hair, sleeping aides, alarm clock, mini binocs, batteries, tip money if your steward is good (our's was awesome!), celebrating an event, bring tape, balloons, tapers...shoes for the shopping and learn a little about the language and learn to barter!

Of course if you are heading to Alaska, forget all the shorts and short sleeve shirts...bring a book if you like reading, cards. if you like solitaire, money if you like the slots. The shows are great if you want to go all day and all night. The cruise gyms are magnets for those that don't normally go to gyms...they are always busy. Pick a favorite crew member, stick with them and they will treat you right. Tip them well (I left a money clip full of money for our steward) . Photos are expensive!!! But have as many photos taken as you can, then you will have lots to choose from! My nieces were well received by the photographers!!! By the time we were done, our 'envelope' was about $2000 worth. If you are with a group, each buy some and then scan them, cuts the costs.

Don't forget sunscreen.

There will be singles groups, some you won't be able to attend. Believe me, the 'Ladies in Red Hats' group are a kick! ('A group of ladies over 50, international group, if you are over 50, I'd join!).

Jen, the best advice I can give is to not panic about things that are beyond your control. I just spent a week with a sister who spent most of her time worrying about her adult daughters and whether they were going to be 'there' on time. If you are free of that responsibility, you will have a great time! JUST REMEMBER! Bring fat clothes for leaving the ship! You WILL gain weight!

all the best,
Denise
Old November 4th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to jendh Send a message via Yahoo to jendh

Thanks so much for the advice. I will be travelling with 9 other ladies. We are leaving the hubbies and kids at home. This is my first crusie. I think this is a first for 8 or 9 out of 10 of us. I am supposed to be in the know since I am a travel agent. Yet being new to the field, I am asking all of you experienced cruisers. I know when to ask for help!!

Jennifer H
November 10, 2009 Carnival Triumph (Balcony)
Old November 4th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Passenger

Good luck, Jen! You will have a blast! Remember, if you come upon drama, it's just a cruise and you WILL get off board!
Old November 4th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Passenger

Jen,

We depend so much on our 'personal' travel agents. If this is your first trip, I'd kind of wing it if I was you. You will learn loads from other cruiziers and this will defnatetly help you with your business. Always be neutral and listen...
Old November 5th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Passenger

1. Try some mix & match stuff.
For instance, I have a pair of black pants with this "slinky" fabric that doesn't wrinkle. I'll usually wear them to dinner @ least twice, with different tops. Who would know? I usually change after dinner anyway, to something more comfortable.

2. Shoes. Shoes. SHOES! They take up so much room, and I usually don't end up weraing them all, anyway. Flip flops, sneakers/ walking shoes, and a pair of nice dress shoes that will go with anything, and you're set!

3. Make sure you have a clean set of undies and a bathing suit in your carry-on luggage. (And another set of street clothes, if you have room)If they lose the rest, you will still be able to have fun and "make do".

Mostly, don't sweat it! It's vacation, and (for the most part) people will not care what you're wearing. They'll be too busy having a great time!