Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 5th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Passenger

Default I'm in a packing Mode!!

Less than 2 weeks til we cruise. I've had my empty suitcases out for months. Now I'm trying to put almost everything together. Still can't find anyone going on the Conquest for Thanksgiving. But I'm excited and counting down the minutes. Can't hardly concentrate on anything else. I'm useless at work. On another thread someone asked about cruise nightmares, Haven't had those (yet) but I'm so busy with daydreaming I can't seem to get anything done.
Old November 5th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

You have the Cruise Butterflies...:) Before you know it you will be sipping a foo foo drink, and fun in the sun......At least these butterflies, mean something good is a comin!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 5th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

My suitcases came out a week and a half before and I started to pack a week before. I packed what I could and as I washed clothes I packed more. The three days before I left I was having to be creative in what I wore because most of what I took I would wear to work!!!

I hope you have a great time.....

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old November 11th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Passenger

i have been almost packed for 2 months !!! i have to pack for me an 3 helpless baby boy's ( my husband is included ) i have just finished the finishing touches. all i have to pack is my 2 formal dresses and my husband's suit. my dresses are being altered and my hub's suit needs to be hemmed. i had to pack pull ups and we all have allegies so i had to get all kinds of diarrhea, allergy, H/A , tums, etc any OTC meds we need. so i have had a check list and marking off things we need and updating it. i think i need to find some earring i should have packed and a few other things but i'm good to go i was told to roll my dresses and put them in a suitcase. i have a rolling duffle i hope it will fit. the dress are very long a poof ( like that puffy stuff under them ) .i'm really excited i rarley get to dress up and i have to beautiful gowns one is tearose and the other chocolate and my guys have ties and bow tie cumberbuns to match.

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Conquest 9 / 2003

Carnival Conquest 12/9/2007

Carnival Triumph 12/7/2009
Old November 11th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Passenger

I'm in packing mode also, but I can't decide what to take. So far, I've packed 2 swimsuits, 3 pairs of pajamas, 15 pairs of NEW panties, and 5 pairs of shoes I'm guessing I'm leaving something out Good thing my best friend is going also and she will perform suitcase inspection before we go. Only 7 more days!!!!
Old November 11th, 2007, 11:38 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop5101
I'm in packing mode also, but I can't decide what to take. So far, I've packed 2 swimsuits, 3 pairs of pajamas, 15 pairs of NEW panties, and 5 pairs of shoes I'm guessing I'm leaving something out Good thing my best friend is going also and she will perform suitcase inspection before we go. Only 7 more days!!!!
Methinks you're an overpacker. You're only going for 7 days, why do you need 5 pair of shoes, 15 pair of panties and 3 pair of pajamas?

I heard Barbara Walters tell about her suitcase. She takes 2 pair of panties whenever she travels. Wears one and washes one out every night.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old November 11th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just got a little nauseous thinking about baba wawa in panties...
Old November 11th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Remember when you pack, take half of it back out and leave it at home. I have never heard of anyone under packing.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 11th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Passenger

can't help over packing 2 kids and accident's happen also , i found that depending on what you do the early part of the day you will change again. last cruise i bathe 2 times a day. and i;m a womaen don't like to smell and if you wear the undies for mre than 4 hours thne you are likely to change. if i go to bed late 1 am if i take a bath and then i have to be up at 6am or 7 i take another bath. ok i have 2 swim siuts 4 new bras, 15 new and 5 old. a OTC cabinet ( allergie, head ache, diarrhea nausea u name it i got it )

Old November 14th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Admiral

I'm in packing mode myself!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old November 14th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Well, except for the kids aspect I'm a firm believer in underpacking.
There are stores just in case you need something.
Old November 14th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Passenger

I can't even imagine underpacking. On a day to day basis my purse has just about everything you can ever need to make it through a day at work. So without a doubt my bags will be overpacked. I know I may not need or wear everything I take but my feeble little mind will feel so much better if my checklist is complete. I suppose if I were flying I would pack differently. But since I'm driving to Galveston and I know how to pack very well, (10 years Air Force), If a kitchen sink might come in handy I'd figure out a way to bring one.

I promise to tip the porters.
Old November 14th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Admiral

I guess I can see your point about driving.
We, on the other hand, are flying to our departure port and then spending 4 days after the cruise goofing off before catching our flight home.
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have been packing for at least 4 months now!! I'm a little sheepish to admit that I bought a whole new wardrobe for my trip.
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmom
I have been packing for at least 4 months now!! I'm a little sheepish to admit that I bought a whole new wardrobe for my trip.

me to i sattred packing or putting the things up i needed and i bought a lot of new stuff but i caught sales where they were practically ginving away shirts for 2 bucks. so i got shirts pants, capri, dressy blouses and so much more for a fraction on the price if i spent the money out right i would have been out 600.00 for each of us ( 4 of us ) but i got everything for about 250.00 -350.00 each. we also got nice dress up suits and dresses courtsey of davids bridal i got 2 dresses for 200.00 and they would have been regular 400.00 altogher. i got a suit and tux for the kids and hubby at Al's formal wear with bow ties for less than 350.00 for 3 suits and matching bow ties and cumberbun. i know you can just buy things but some stuff is too expensive and i would rather buy advil for 2.00 that 5 or six. i'm, still worried i have not packed enough diapers. i have them stuck in so many places.

Old November 14th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Passenger

I did too Johnsmom, I've been on Weight Watchers and have lost almost 45 lbs. It's an excuse I know, I probably would have bought new anyway but I really did need some clothes to fit.
See my madness, smaller clothes means more room in the suitcase, more room in the suitcase, more clothes.
Old November 14th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Passenger

While there is a method to your madness "smaller clothes means more room in the suitcase" I know if you could only get two outfits per suitcase, you would bring more suitcases Only three more days and then we're "sailing, sailing, .......... ocean blue"