Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 5th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to wildcrazyatver
Default the unknown

can anyone tell me anything about the carnival ship valor ,my wife and i will be cruising in feb 2009 and dont know what to expect ,were in the early 50s but love having a blast as i know from my first eperience with ccl,,we will be sailing excotic western cribbearn
thanks greg
Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Admiral

Valor is a "Conquest" class ship, quite large with lots and lots of great activities! I know you won't be disappointed in the ship, food, or where she sails to. The last time I sailed Valor, we had a great time and I'd recommend her to anyone. I'd guess that the average age of passengers aboard her will probably be late 40's to 50's, so you will fit right in.
I know I'm being somewhat vague, so if you have specific questions, ask away.

Wish we could join you!

Ken
"SkyMaster"
Old November 5th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

You have picked the best ship in the fleet IMO (as I haven't sailed all of them, this is a tidge biased....)! I llllllooooovvvvveeee the Valor. She is very artfully decorated, and I love the layout. A little hard to navigate at first, but after a day or two it was no problem. And I enjoyed being on a bigger ship with lots of room.

Our staff was wonderful, the entertainment and food good, the friends we made we had a blast with-she is just a very, very Fun Ship! Good for all ages, and you should have plenty of people close to your age cruising with you.

I've done that itenerary too and it was all gorgeous. Hope you have a great time!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old November 6th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Captain

We did the valor on the exotic western itinerary in November of 2005. It was incredible. The ship is lovely. The itinerary was great. The only stop we weren't really crazy about was Costa Maya but lots of other folks loved the time they spent there. We splurged for our first balcony on the valor and I'm so glad that we did, we spent a lot of time there in the early evening while our youngest recovered from very busy shore days. I'm sure you'll have a great time. The nice thing about this big of a ship is that there will most certainly be a wide variety of folks on board, some young ones, families, but also lots of folks in the 40-60 age bracket. We are pretty friendly and normally end up chatting and making friends with someone from pretty much every age demographic. You will have a great time on the Valor.
Old November 6th, 2007, 02:44 PM
First Mate

I went on the Valor last February, and going on a back to back on the Valor again this coming February, also in my early 50's.
Destiny
Norwegian Majesty
Legend
Legend
Valor
Valor again Yahoo!
Old November 6th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to wildcrazyatver
Default valor feb 17th

well im some glad i got replys and thank you all im sure now that ive herd a bit about the ship ill have a blast the only part that confuses me is the shore excursons which ones to take from the ship and ones to get while on land all in all im sure we will figure out what to do and once again thanks to all who have replied to my message hope some day we might get a chanch to meet on a ship
have a greta day
greg
Old November 6th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Admiral

The cruise wil be fabulaous and you and the wife will have a total blast!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.