Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2007, 01:23 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Melanie
Default Table for two on the Pride

Does anyone know if the tables for two people in the dining room are assigned before sailing or do you have to request those after boarding? I know there aren't very many. What is the best way to get one?

Thanks,
Melanie

Paradise - January 2009

Paradise - April 2008
Carnival Pride - Nov 2007
Paradise - Sept 2005
Carnival Pride - Nov 2004
Ecstasy - Jan 2004
Carnival Pride - Nov 2003
Elation - Nov 2002
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

my wife and I had one on the Glory a year ago, and honestly I wish we weren't sat alone. I would have much rather gotten to meet and talk with the same couple or other people at my table given the opportunity. But back to the question, I have to assume the assigned us to that table prior to sailing since it was printed on our S & S card.
Old November 7th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

As soon as you book, make the request.........

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 7th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Admiral

If you don't get the table for two, go instantly to the Maitre-D, just as soon as you get aboard, and make your request. There are very, very few small tables, and it's difficult to get one, so,,,first come,,,,first served.

Ken
"Sky"
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Ken is absolutely correct, go see the Maitre'D as soon as he is available to request a table for two. When you board, go to the Purser's desk and pick up a Carnival Caper which will have information regarding the availability of the Maitre'D. The Maitre'D should be available in one of the dining rooms usually from 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. which leaves only a small window of opportunity to make your request. We make sure we are in line prior to 1:30 p.m. There are a lot of people who prefer dining with just their traveling companion for one reason or another.

A request for a table for two when booking your cruise is never guaranteed. I am Platinum on Carnival and the only thing they do guarantee for Platinum guests only is dining time.
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:13 PM
First Mate

My husband and I requested a table for two, once we were on the ship, and we were asked to at least try our table mates, and if it did not work out, they wold change it, well it was the best advise we could have had we met two wonderful peolple that we spent the entire cruise with they were so much fun, I hope I never get a table for two .

The people that did get a table for two sat beside me at the show one night, and told me how she hated her table for two she wishes she had someone to talk to.
Destiny
Norwegian Majesty
Legend
Legend
Valor
Valor again Yahoo!
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Captain

I've also noticed that the tables for 2 tend (not always) to be in the very back of the dining room or in other areas that don't provide a very good view of things for at least one of the 2 people at the table.
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:22 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Melanie

Thank you everyone for the info. We usually are traveling with a large group so it has never been an issue before. We thought we might like to try it alone this time.

One more question. Should we tip the Maitre'D at the time of the request also or just tip him extra on the last night of the cruise? I don't want to look like a boob, but I don't want to insult him either. Any help here would be appreciated.

Paradise - January 2009

Paradise - April 2008
Carnival Pride - Nov 2007
Paradise - Sept 2005
Carnival Pride - Nov 2004
Ecstasy - Jan 2004
Carnival Pride - Nov 2003
Elation - Nov 2002
Old November 8th, 2007, 06:02 PM
First Mate

On the Pride, there are several tables for two right against the railing overlooking the main floor. We found it to be a great location but also kind of missed chatting with our tablemates as others have mentioned. As for the MD's tip, I give it at the end of the cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Old December 15th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Beginner

8) Hi there. I last sailed in Oct 6th and had table for 2 for the first time in 8 cruises. It was a nice experience but I am leaning more towards a regular table when I sail again in Feb.. My only concern is that I do not want to be in a booth so I imagine I will check out my assigned table once aboard. I did request a table for 2 when booking but was told to make that arrangement once on the ship.
Old December 16th, 2007, 12:21 PM
First Mate

We got a table for two on the Pride last January and loved it. The table was at the rail overlooking the lower level .My DW and I still have not grown tired of talking to each other (or listening) so we like being alone even after 23 years. I found the maitre'd as soon as we boarded and requested the table and as I shook his hand I transferred a $20.00 incentive and "Presto" a table for two!
Carnival Pride Jan/07 Long Beach
Splendour of the Seas Sept/09 Venice
Adventure of the Seas Jan/11 San Juan
Adventure of the Seas Feb/12 San Juan
Navigator of the Seas Jan/13 N'arlins

<

Read and post cruise reviewsRead and post cruise reviews
Read and post cruise reviews