Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to randk
Default chocolate melting cake

I have always said if you need to know anything about cruising or carnival cruise lines this is the place to go. So here goes my quest. My wife and I would like to get the receipe for the "Chocolate Melting Cake" that Carnival serves in it's dining rooms. We did not purchase a receipe book because quite frankly, we did not think about it tell we left the ship. So does anyone out there have the receipe and would be willing to share it with us? We could even work out a deal, the receipe for say a receipe for Cayman Kruggerrands, a fine one containing rum and cocoanut and came from the Cayman Islands. So do I have a taker on this fine offer??????
Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Captain

Here you Go.
Enjoy
Gary

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

Warm melting chocolate cake at home!!! Did the conversions from Carnival's jumbo recipe and tried it...I think we've got it! Here's the recipe I used:

8 oz. dark chocolate (I used 1 1/3 C. semi-sweet choc. chips)
8 oz. butter (I used one stick salted, one unsalted)
5 eggs (room temperature)
5/8 C. sugar
2/3 C. flour

Melt chocolate & butter over low heat. In mixing bowl, mix eggs and sugar, and then add flour. Slowly whisk into the melted chocolate mixture. Pour into greased (I used Baker's Joy) ramekins. (I tried 4 oz. & 7 oz. -- 7 oz. is just too big!) Bake at 400 F for 12-14 minutes. Yield: 36 oz. unbaked batter; 8 servings if you use a 4 oz. ramekin.

Adjust times according to the size ramekin you use, and the texture you prefer. In a 4 oz. ramekin for 13 min., the texture on the inside of the cake was a little heavier than pudding, kind of like a loose fudge. I also did some in my convection oven at 350F. 13 minutes in a 4 oz. ramekin yielded a smooth, hot fudge sauce-like center. In the 7 oz. size, 16 min. at 350F in the convection oven produced a pudding-like texture in the middle. Regular oven, 7 oz. size, at 400F, smooth, heavy sauce-like texture resulted after 14 min.
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old November 9th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to randk

thank you for the reply we will try this over the weekend. I sent you the promised receipe via pm...let me know that you got it please...did not want to post it in case i need to use it to bribe someone for something else on the board.