Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Cruise One Day Sale email question

Today i received an email from Carnival about a one day only sale, which actually starts today and ends on Thursday. I clicked on the link in the email and ended up on a page to have someone call me. Not reading, I clicked and it said someone would call within 24 hours. Sure enough someone did.

But I was more interested in seeing prices of the sale and not so much talking to a salesperson from Carnival. They said they had the sale fares right in front of them, but that they were also online. I have looked at the Carnival site and it mentions nothing of a sale and I looked at some cruises that I have been keeping an eye on lately and do not see a difference in price.

What am i missing here? Does the Carnival site say if a fare is a sale fare? How would one know a cruise is on sale from its regular price?
Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

They probably figure that statistically, if you're on the phone talking with a real person, you're more likely to do an impulse buy. I always check with my TA on the prices they send and book through her. She always beats them anyway.
Old November 11th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Passenger

Same here, my TA beats Carnival's prices.