Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 14th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hotel in Miami

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of a place to stay that was not to expensive. We will need two rooms or a suite that holds 6 people. We want a pool and a shuttle if possible and is it near a beach. How far is it from the airport to the port. Thank you Jody

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Freedom May 2010
Carnival Liberty January 2009
Carnival Freedom April 2008
Carnival Glory April 2007
Carnival Miracle March 2006
Carnival Glory April 2005
Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:12 PM
First Mate

Oh, boy, your're asking for a lot for Miami. I don't know of any hotel that everything you're asking for. Pool, shuttle, beach, and inexpensive.

I like to stay downtown at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It's right across the street from Bayside Marketplace, where there are lots of restaurants, shops and at night music on the bay. You can also get the Millionaire's Row tour boats from here. See the stars homes by boat. It's really quite a good tour. Amazing homes!

Some people like staying at the Intercontinental which is really nice. But, I don't think either one of these have a shuttle. I know the Holiday Inn doesn't, but from the aiport to downtown is $24 flat rate for a cab. From the hotel to the port, it's around $8 per cab.

I think some of the hotels out by the aiport have shuttle service to the port, but I don't know which ones they are. Sorry.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just booked the Radisson for $59 on Hotwire the night before my upcoming cruise. It's pretty close to Bayside and the Port of Miami and has a pool. They offer a shuttle to the Port of Miami but it's actually cheaper to just take a taxi. Airport to downtown area should be less than $25 per cab.

Carnival Liberty November 30-December 7, 2013
Carnival Liberty
March 2-March 9, 2013

Carnival Legend November 27-December 4, 2011
Carnival Miracle September 28-October 6 2010
Carnival Victory December 9-16, 2007
Carnival Imagination April 28-May 3, 2007
Carnival Fascination April 24-28, 2006
Carnival Fascination July 10-17, 1999
Old November 14th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Admiral

Again-two good choices in Miiami
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old November 14th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rirruto
I just booked the Radisson for $59 on Hotwire the night before my upcoming cruise. It's pretty close to Bayside and the Port of Miami and has a pool. They offer a shuttle to the Port of Miami but it's actually cheaper to just take a taxi. Airport to downtown area should be less than $25 per cab.
We are staying at the Radisson two nights before our cruise - Truimph which leaves Dec 8th. I will be leaving when you arrive - have a good cruise.
Old November 15th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are staying at the River Park Hotel & Suites, I have never stayed there before and the reviews are mixed. We have a suite with two rooms, two beds and a pull out sofa. I will let you know how it ends when I return.
Old November 15th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyAnimal
We are staying at the River Park Hotel & Suites, I have never stayed there before and the reviews are mixed. We have a suite with two rooms, two beds and a pull out sofa. I will let you know how it ends when I return.
Let us know how it goes with that hotel. I was looking at that hotel and thinking of booking it before I discovered using Hotwire/Priceline.

Carnival Liberty November 30-December 7, 2013
Carnival Liberty
March 2-March 9, 2013

Carnival Legend November 27-December 4, 2011
Carnival Miracle September 28-October 6 2010
Carnival Victory December 9-16, 2007
Carnival Imagination April 28-May 3, 2007
Carnival Fascination April 24-28, 2006
Carnival Fascination July 10-17, 1999
Old November 15th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Passenger

Where ever you stay, do not stay at the Days Inn near the port. They offer a nice shuttle to the cruise port and it seems nice if you are booking over the internet or travel agent. DO NOT stay there, the Roaches might steal your luggage over night. That is if they are not crawling all over you while you're sleeping. My family and some friends stayed there and it was the worst (dirtiest) motel we had ever been to. Visible Roaches crawling over the furniture as you are in the room. Good luck.
8)
Old November 15th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Admiral

The Radisson has great views of the ships in port, but really check your room out before you settle in. Last month our room was pretty gross, the bathroom still had remnants of the previous guest. It was just filthy. While I was going down to the front desk to request a different room, d/h and the kids found some guys gnarly socks under the bed. Yikes. They were very nice about moving us to a new room and while the 2nd room was an improvement, it certainly never left me with the feeling it had not been really cleaned in a long time. When we return next week we'll be staying at the Hyatt Regency. I am hoping it is in better shape. Also the airline lost part of our luggage and dropped it off at the hotel for us, well the Radisson lost it and now they've found it. It is convenient that we are returning to Miami again so soon, because they will not send it to us. Nice eh?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 15th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to chosen175

stay away from the days inn!!!! we were there a year and a half ago and the place had roaches. when we went to ask to be transferred, the staff at the desk started making fun of us in spanish (which they didn't realize i understood) and refused to refund our money. we filed a complaint with the bbb and the management lied to them and said they'd been trying to contact us to resolve it. in the end all we got was a $50 refund and no apology. we picked them specifically because they had a free shuttle to the port and a free one to/from the airport (which we called 4 times and it never showed)

we ended up leaving at 2am and going to the hampton inn at the airport and they were WONDERFUL - even matched the days inn's price when they found out what happened. and they gave us free toiletries too to replace the ones the roaches had crawled on.

lisa

Carnival Valor April 2006
Contemplating a cruise wedding in 2010