Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Valor 11-4 Eastern route

Hey all,

Here is my review from my DW and my cruise to the eastern Carib on the Valor starting 11-4. We flew in a couple days early and stayed with our Niece and family in homestead. We went to Bayside and had Cuban food which was my dream and on Saturday we went to a Ribfest in Homestead which was fantastic. We took the scenic route up the coast past the Mansions on sundat morning and made it to the port about 11:45 am. We waited in line and everything and got on board about 10 till 12:00.

First thing we did once onboard was fix our dining time with the Maitre'd which was simple and quick. We then made reservations for Scarlett's-No Problem. After that we went directly to the Fish and Chips which was delicious but not for everyday for us.

We had a wonderful send off. and took off with a crawl. Then we stopped and were informed that there was an Ill pax that had to be transported back to Miami. Finally did that and we were off to the Bahamas.

We didn't do a tour in the Bahamas. We made our way to the Atlantis
Resort and strolled arround a while there. Saw the Aquarium. It was pretty neat. While waiting for the water Taxi, DF and I had a Bahama Mama at the port. We got back to the ship. The ship left The Bahamas and we found a spot to sit in the sun. By the way, Where we were looking, it took a while to find two chairs together. We sat out for a while and made it back to our cabins to get ready for our first formal night. We got dressed up and went to Dinner I didn't write anything down so I forgot what I had. I think we gambled and went to the disco later that night. We had a great time.

Next day was a day at sea, I think I skipped breakfast. We found a spot at 11:00 am along the side of the ship and sat out for a while. I had my Fosters and layed out a bit more. I started feeling lousy and went back to the room and slept the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening. We didn't eat in the formal dining room and finally made our way to the Deli and I had the Grilled chicken sandwich which was kept down.

Woke up next morning cruising into St Thomas. We had a tour-The Best of St Thomas- which was a pretty basic tour of St Thomas. We waited for a while in the Heat and Humidity, Took an open aired coach on our tour. Lots of good sights and Views. Three stops at least for photo opps. Absolutly Beautiful Views. I felt better and this night we went to Scarlette's supper club. I have to tell you, The Filet I had couldn't be beat. It might have been the Finest Filet I've ever had. I know the Wine I had with it WAS the tastiest wine I've ever tasted. Grgich Hills 2003 Cabernet. Ohhh it was good.

This day was St Maartin, We took another tour-Best of St Maartin. We were taken to shopping areas and were dropped off in the shopping area. We had lunch at a quaint hotel which off the top of my head I don't remember but it was very good. We made our way down the street past many diamond shops. We go to the beach and finally got to the water Taxi. We made our way to the Dock. Spent some time in the shopping area and finally made our way back to the ship. We took off back to Miami

The next day was my wifes B-Day and I discreetly told our head waiter Mark. He, Marcos and Bar Server, Nora I think sang Happy B-Day to my wife. I t was a wonderful moment. Despite those who don't like it. My Wife liked it and I liked it- That's all that matters to me. If you are one of those that don't like that- Get Over It- I could say alot more-Not my problem-It's yours.

This day was a day at sea. We spent part of the time in the sun, Dinner was prob pretty good, Weather was great. By the wat we only had a couple days of sprinkles, We did the usual.

Saturday was pretty much the same as friday, Got allittle more tan-which i still have. We had a great time.

Sunday, We were not in any hurry to get off the ship. We put our bags out the previous evening and the next morning we were informed which number we we were given. I think is was 14. They called our number, we made it down the customs and baggage area. We went to our Carrusel
directly got our bags and went strait to customs. I think it was less than 15 minutes from the time they called our number until we were entering the Taxi outside

Our trip back to LA was very plesant. We sat next to an actor on his way back from a visit or job to Jamaica, Basil Wallace. What a nice Man. DW and I had a fantastic time conversing with him. How Unprententious. He even helped us get our bags off the carrusel. Could you see (take your choice) Actor helping you with your bags? Don't Think So. Anyway- Please support this Man in his proffecion- Basil Wallace. He was in Blood Diamond but told us we probably wouldn't like his character.

Any way, We had a fantastic time, The ship was beautiful, The Area was beautiful the Trip was beautiful. It couldn't have been better.

Thanks for allowing me to share.

T
Sponsored Links