CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   MOVIE SCREENS ON CARNIVAL SHIPS (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/342833-movie-screens-carnival-ships.html)

Rperini3 November 25th, 2007 08:44 PM

MOVIE SCREENS ON CARNIVAL SHIPS

I read other post that they are installing these screens on other Carnival pool decks. Has anyone heard if this might happen on the Conquest.

subtropic November 25th, 2007 10:26 PM

I read that they were following Princess lead, but did not name the individual ships that would be installing the screens.

skymaster November 26th, 2007 08:19 AM

The only Carnival ship that I've personally been on that had a "Lido Deck Screen" so far was the "Liberty". I too understand that they're installing the screens on lots of other ships as well, but can't remember which ones off the top. It's great to have that screen up there, except that IMO they turn the sound up WAY TOO LOUD! :x

Happy sailing,

Ken
"Sky"

Rirruto November 26th, 2007 09:34 AM

The Freedom, Victory, and Liberty currently has it

IBCRUZIN' November 26th, 2007 04:54 PM

I believe the Fantasy class ships will also get them.

Rirruto November 26th, 2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'

If they are, I don't think it will be anytime soon. The Imagination and Inspiration very recently had month long drydocks and the Theatre wasn't installed in either.

IBCRUZIN' November 26th, 2007 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rirruto
Quote:

Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'

If they are, I don't think it will be anytime soon. The Imagination and Inspiration very recently had month long drydocks and the Theatre wasn't installed in either.

I may be incorrect, but I believe the massive upgrades being done to the Fantasy class of ships are being done in two stages.

I am going to go and check it out now.

Chris M November 26th, 2007 08:39 PM

I know personally that the Sensation has one - although it looks as if it's a temporary screen, but it still does the trick.

This past week I sailed the Victory and she has a massive on-deck movie screen - it was awesome! Great picture, sound, etc. A great day to watch a football game on Sunday and Monday evening.

IBCRUZIN' November 26th, 2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris M
I know personally that the Sensation has one - although it looks as if it's a temporary screen, but it still does the trick.

This past week I sailed the Victory and she has a massive on-deck movie screen - it was awesome! Great picture, sound, etc. A great day to watch a football game on Sunday and Monday evening.

I did a quick check on the news items on Carnival's website and couldn't find any reference to the Fantasy class getting the Jumbotron Movie Screen. Therefore, I may be mistaken. I just thought I read somewhere that these giant TV's were being installed on just about all of Carnival ships eventually, especially on the Fantasy class.

I enjoyed one of these screens on the Liberty and thought it was great for late night movies under the stars. It was wonderful. I didn't find it any more noisy then the piped in music that is usually every present on the Lido Deck.

Chris M November 26th, 2007 09:42 PM

I just placed a few photos in the gallery showing the Carnival Victory screen. Check it out.

Joe323 November 27th, 2007 03:07 PM

Does this mean I'll be able to visit a "Dive In" Theatre on my next cruise?

clamdigger200 November 27th, 2007 06:04 PM

THanks for the pics Chris, WE leave on the 9th of Dec 2007. Hope they have a few football games on.

Chris M November 27th, 2007 08:45 PM

They did not have any college games on on Saturday but I guess college football will be over, for the most part, by the time you cruise. They did show the Sunday and Monday night NFL games. My pictures are a little fuzzy because it was overcast the day I took them, but the sound and picture quality was awesome. I just wish the deck chairs were a little more comfortable. During the day they showed Blades of Glory, concerts by U2, a concert tribute to Andrew Lloyd Weber, the Incredibles...that's all I can recall. Much of the time they showed underwated sea life set to music - which was pretty cool too.

skymaster November 28th, 2007 08:15 AM

[quote="IBCRUZIN'"]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris M
s.

I enjoyed one of these screens on the Liberty and thought it was great for late night movies under the stars. It was wonderful. I didn't find it any more noisy then the piped in music that is usually every present on the Lido Deck.

You're right. The audio is usually not too bad, but the thing that sticks out in my mind was one night when they had the finals for the "Legends" show up there, and the karaoke hostess had the sound so loud that no one could stay in the area. It was so, so loud! You could see so many people with hands over their ears,,,not from bad singing, but from the decibel level of the music. Other than that night, it was great. (Especially the movies)

Ken
"SkyMaster"

Chris M November 29th, 2007 09:34 PM

Ken - as I've stated in other messages, I just returned from the Victory last weekend. I just have to let you know the gentleman who stood in for Frankie baby couldn't even come close to you. You're still the best Sinatra of any (impersonators that is!) LOL