Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to saleaaway
Default has anyone printed thier documents online

I've always received my documents in hand. I know now that you can print them on line. Was wondering if anyone has done this yet?
Would love some feedback.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Admiral

I used the e-docs last month for our cruise. As long as you have your fun-pass completed you can print them. It's easy and you can make as many copies as you need. I took the luggage tags and reinforced them with clear packaging tape. I made extra copies and put one in each piece of luggage we had. I did not have any problems doing it and actually had everything printed out sooner than if I would have waited for the mailed ones. It might not be quiet as exciting as getting them in the mail though Everything you need is in the e-docs, the sign and sail application, luggage tags, contract, etc. Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

Need some cruise help?
Old November 27th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Admiral

I agree. It gives you the instant gratification of the document dance. I place the luggage tags on our luggage with the wide package tape and it never came off through two airline transfers and the port hands.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Captain

This fits with my never ending quest to put the post office out of business (just kidding) Seriously It works just fine.
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Location: On the Lido deck of any ship taking shots of Kamakazi's with Partyanimal & Co.

I laminated them and punched one hole in the luggage tags and secured them with plastic ties i got at the dollar store! Worked wonders and yes you get to do the doc dance much sooner!!

Old November 27th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I like paper docs, but I did print off the edocs for my last cruise and took the copy with me just in case. I'm getting paper docs again, but I don't know if there will be much option for my Sept 08 cruise. I do know that it is wise, if you are doing cruise/air to print three copies of the pages that list the transfer information because that can cause problems leaving port to go home if you don't have that paper to say you paid for transfer to airport.

I get a thrill getting the edocs because I wouldn't get the paper until 10-14 days before because we did cruise/air for our upcoming Conquest cruise. Heck, I already have two of our fun passes filled out and I just have to get my nieces passport to fill hers out, that and the info for Camp Carnival we'll probably have to register my niece for.

*sigh* 68 days until I get on the Conquest....

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old November 27th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedangel
I like paper docs, but I did print off the edocs for my last cruise and took the copy with me just in case. I'm getting paper docs again, but I don't know if there will be much option for my Sept 08 cruise. I do know that it is wise, if you are doing cruise/air to print three copies of the pages that list the transfer information because that can cause problems leaving port to go home if you don't have that paper to say you paid for transfer to airport.

I get a thrill getting the edocs because I wouldn't get the paper until 10-14 days before because we did cruise/air for our upcoming Conquest cruise. Heck, I already have two of our fun passes filled out and I just have to get my nieces passport to fill hers out, that and the info for Camp Carnival we'll probably have to register my niece for.

*sigh* 68 days until I get on the Conquest....
Soooo, you're coming through Houston...

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old November 28th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Captain

I printed out our E-docs as well. The luggage tags are huge, but it was nice having the VIP tags. I just folded them and, after putting them around the handles, I stapled them together. I did like the idea posted above to use the plastic ties though.

I made a mistake with our docs and cut the pages into thirds. I stapled them together in order and put them into my ticket file. The agent at the terminal told me to never cut them apart again. I thought that would be better, since they are separated and bound in a book when I got them in the mail. Who knows!
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old November 29th, 2007, 03:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I Sailed on the Liberty recently. I used the edocs and loved it. So easy to print and put them in the envelope I use to carry my travel items in. I will do it this way again. Much easier for me.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 29th, 2007, 07:17 PM
First Mate

What I like best about the edocs is that if we accidently lost our docs or left them at home, we can print them out again with no worries. I hope that will never happen but it's good to know that we're covered in case of an emergency.

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old November 29th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to clamdigger200 Send a message via Yahoo to clamdigger200

What other edocs did you print out besides the funn pass and the Carnival luggage tags, thats all I could find to print. We leave on the 9th of Dec and now I am staring to get scared we havn't done evrything we need for the cruise.
Old November 29th, 2007, 08:02 PM
First Mate

Don't worry, your completed "Fun Pass" and your luggage tags are fine.

I printed out everything except my Fun Pass (don't know how I missed that) and started to panic while waiting to board the ship. Then I realized that I could always print it out there but didn't need to. All the other documentation I had printed with our names on it were fine.

You're good to go! Have a fantastic cruise!!!!!!

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old November 30th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Passenger

Registered all our info and printed the Fun Pass. Then printed the 10 pages of docs- instructions say you need page 5 and page 10 at embarkation - page 5 is the sign and sail info, and contract agreement you sign. page 10 is luggage tags. If this little old lady can do that (73 today), so can you.
Enjoy your cruise.
Bev
Old December 4th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Passenger

I printed ours online - this is our first cruise though, so I don't know how it compares to receiveing them in the mail. I thought it was very easy and I even printed extra copies just in case!
Old December 4th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Admiral

I printed our Priority Boarding Passes as HAL recommended. I did not see an option to print the actual documents that we received in the mail.
Plus, we got some reall cool buttons to wear!!
Old December 8th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Captain

We opted for the paper docs and when they arrived there we NO luggage tags in them. We received 4 sets (4 different cabins) 2 had luggage tags and 2 did not. So we still have to print them from home!

AKcruiser
Old December 11th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

FYI If you print your docs online before you have received your paper docs you will NOT get paper ones. So if you wan tto have both be sure to get the paper ones before printing the e-tickets. We are going with a group of 40 this New Years. A bunch of them got excited and printed to soon. When I went to pick up the group tickets. I had nothing fo rthem except a notice saying sorry these tickets have already been printed.
Old December 11th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebecdan
FYI If you print your docs online before you have received your paper docs you will NOT get paper ones. So if you wan tto have both be sure to get the paper ones before printing the e-tickets. We are going with a group of 40 this New Years. A bunch of them got excited and printed to soon. When I went to pick up the group tickets. I had nothing fo rthem except a notice saying sorry these tickets have already been printed.
Excellent point. I found that out the hard way myself
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old January 5th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Beginner

what kind of documents do you have to bring with you or print..?? the only thing i printed was the fun pass..am i missing something..??
Old January 6th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Passenger

Make sure you print your Sail and Sign contract and your luggage tags.
I laminate them and tie them on!