Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel
Default Camp Carnival question

We are brinigng my niece on our Conquest cruise in February and she is only 11 (almost 12!). I am wondering will there be info sent with the documents to register her for camp carnival or will we just sign her up when we get on the ship.

Also, is it best to go to Camp Carnival ASAP when you get on the ship and get yourself organized/stuff dropped off or to wait a while. We plan on going there before we explore the ship. my mother insists on getting a two way radio to keep tabs on my niece (she doesn't seem to mind the idea...), afterall it is the only grandchild she will ever have! I hope they have them, or else we'll have to go buy something that will do the trick before we leave.

I certainly hope all goes well and my niece has a good time, I know I plan on taking full advantage of the sea days!!!!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Camp Carnival question

Nothing will be sent in your "docs" package. The time/place to sign up will be in your embarkation Capers. While they have a limited number of two-way radios for rental, you might want to consider buying. Others here will have recommendations on specific models.
Old November 27th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Admiral

She will have fun at Camp Carnival.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old November 28th, 2007, 08:56 AM
First Mate

Go to Carnival's website and scroll down to the bottom and click on FAQ, then click on Camp Carnival and it will answer all of your questions. There is a Welcome Aboard Orientation Party thing that you can go to and get her registered and get a schedule of activities.

We sail on Saturday and will have 5 kids with us ranging from 10 - 13 so we have definately been checking this out. I even found on webshots some ones camp carnival capers which gives you an idea of what to expect. Just go to webshots.com and search for Camp carnival capers. From what I have read, I believe the kids will have a great time.

Have fun and happy researching!

Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old November 29th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Tigress1977
Default Camp Carnival

No need to worry about Camp Carnival. When you board the ship there will be a “Carnival Capers� newsletter with the time for orientation for Camp Carnival. That is when you can register the kids etc. It’s usually a few hours or so after the ship leaves port. If you want to, the kids rooms are usually open beforehand to tour.
Old November 29th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Admiral

Time to register (which is basically just one sheet of personal info) is usually around 7 ot 7:30pm. As others have said, it will be printed in the Caper on your bed in your cabin.

The age groups are 2-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14 and 15-17.

The most answered question is how strict they are about these ages and the answer is ... it depends. It depends on how many children they have in each age group. If you want to move them up, it depends on how close to being the next age they are. Just know that each age group gets a manifest with each child's name and age. If the counselors don't move the child up, please know that they have a reason.

We have been using Camp Carnival since our boys were 5 and 8 and 18 cruises later....we have experienced the majority of the Camp Carnivals and each has been outstanding.

The oldest is 19 now, so he is out of that world. But the youngest is 16 and LOVES Club O2 (15-17). He has autism ( although very well behaved and high functioning) and they have always taken excellent care of him.

So go and have a great time and know that your children are in good hands.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old December 13th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Beginner

I don't get the walkie-talkie thing. We take 4 kids (in 3 age ranges) and they all enjoy Camp Carnival.

For the older kids, have them call the room every hour. Even if you are not in it, they can leave a message and at least tell you where they are going if they are going to go somewhere other than where you have asked them to be.