Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Shahk
Default Cruising Fascination 12/24/07

Good morning everyone, this is my first post, although I've been stalking this board for awhile. Thanks for the great info here.

I have a couple of questions - I'll be cruising Fascination for Christmas break this year and I'm very excited. I just read yesterday that there are no refrigerators in the rooms - I'm staying in M237. Is this true?

Also, while in Cozumel, I'm torn between visiting Paradise Beach and Mr. Sanchos. Does anyone have an opinion?

The Fascination is a smaller and older ship vs. those that I've sailed on. Is there anything I should be concerned about?

I'll be traveling with my son, 28, and daughter, 21, so I want it to be most fun. I'm thinking about renting jet skis and doing the kayaks.

Thanks much.
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

The Fascination is a great ship. I've been on her twice. There will be no fridge in your room but there is an ice bucket. You can request an extra one from your steward if you need it and he/she will keep it packed with ice.

I don't know what Mr. Sanchos is but I've been to Paradise Beach and it was a good time. Not crowded at all, bar service, and stuff to rent to play in the water, including jet skiis. Highly recommend it.

The Fantasy class ships are great IMO. Not too big, not too small. You will get a hang of the deck plan within a day or so's time. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with your kids. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Carnival Liberty November 30-December 7, 2013
Carnival Liberty
March 2-March 9, 2013

Carnival Legend November 27-December 4, 2011
Carnival Miracle September 28-October 6 2010
Carnival Victory December 9-16, 2007
Carnival Imagination April 28-May 3, 2007
Carnival Fascination April 24-28, 2006
Carnival Fascination July 10-17, 1999
Old December 7th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Admiral

I will be on Fascination solo in June, so I'll be anxiously awaiting your cruise photos and review! I'm sure you'll have a blast no matter what excursions you go on! I'm leaning towards the historical tour or "deluzxe beach break in Cozumel and the southernmost beach excursion in Key West. I turn 49 in February and can't walk that much due to a damaged nerve in my leg.

By the way, if you check out the jewelry, if they have a silver "snake" ring ($14.99) would you buy one and I'll send you the money for it? My son lost the one I got him on our July 2007 Sensation cruise and he misses it. It has a snake engraved along the ring, hence the name. Thanks! I'd hate to have him wait till June when they may not still have that ring.
Old December 7th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Admiral

You can't go wrong with Paradise Beach. Just take a taxi. There is no admission fee and food, bar, and restrooms are available. Will be there next week on the Freedom and that is my plan.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old December 10th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Familiar Face

Just got back from Fascination trip 2 weeks ago. Check out my review on "Reader's Reviews." Went to Paradise Beach. Great time; recommend it. Been to Key West too many times - once is enough. You'll probably have a better time doing an excursion. You really can't have a bad time on the Fascination, unless you're reserved and don't talk to anyone. Have fun!
Old December 12th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Shahk

I'm thinking Paradise Beach it will be. Thanks all.

Also, Michelle, I'll keep an eye out for the snake ring.

12 more days - woo-hoo!