Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy
Default alaska spirit ship question

Had to ask it here as not many people post on the alaska portion of this site. I'm about to book a trip to alaska. ON the Spirit - thinking of booking a SIDE aft balcony wrap around. Anyone had these before? Also thinking of doing south cruise (from Ancourage to Vancouver) and possibly a post cruise excursion of some kind and spend an extra day. Should I do the extra day in Vancouver or reverse it and do it in Ancourage? Anyone have any input on any of this would be appreciated! Its not until May/June 09...but the aft wraps fill up fast and I want to make sure I get a good spot. Either that or I could book a gty..Thanks all!
Old December 7th, 2007, 11:16 AM
First Mate

Hi Cheryl,
Yes to both. The wrap around is geat for Alaksa, and starting in Anchorage is an easier flight than returning from there. We have done this one twice, and my kids are ready to do it again. So much to do, you can't do it all. We went in July both times. The second time was a lot cooler than the first. This is a wonderful trip..

Have fun,
Kathy
Old December 7th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Kathy...just check prices with TA and the wrap around is considered a suite. For the 1200 more we would be paying for it for just hubby and I, I guess I'll settle for a balcony.........but which side of the ship do I get on to see everything the best???? I would imagine southbound to get on the left side of the ship???????? Thanks!!!!!
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:11 PM
First Mate

On Alaska, it is just a flip of a coin. You are in the inside passage, so usually you have land of both sides for much of the time. We have been on both sides, and starboard may be a little better (going from Vancouver) So you will probably want the port side. (this is usually facing away from the dock though) A lot of the time you will be on deck or at the front of the ship to see everything. Usually if you see whales, it is at the front of the ship. Be sure to bring warm clothes as it is cold when you go to college fjord. You will really enjoy this trip. My kids stayed on the back end of the ship all the time because of the hot chocolate.

Kathy
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:14 PM
First Mate

If you go to the destinations site, and look at Alaksa, there is a user there named Karen16 and she has a lot of info about Alaska. If you have questions about a tour or what would be the best excursion she usually has the info. I don't know if she lives there or has just been there a lot.

Kathy
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Admiral

thanks Kathy!!