Hello fellow cruisers! I would like to know from some of you who have sailed on the Holiday....
1. Anyone stayed on Main deck towards the bow? My cabin is M8, will there be a lot of vibration?
2. What is the spa area like? Is there a sauna, and according to the deck plan, there are seperate hot tubs by the gym. True? I hope so b/c these are much less crowded than the tubs out on deck.
3. The weather in Jan. will I be able to swim, or too cold?
4. Food quality...better, worse, or the same as other CCL ships? I have sailed previously on Fantasy and Sensation.
5. Excursion in Playa. What beaches are best?
There is another thread further down on this page "carnival holiday" that might answer some of your questions. I had questions about it also. I am thinking about booking a cruise on it next year. There were several very helpful post to my questions.
Carnival legend November 2009
Carnival Glory October 2007
Carnival Elation November 2006
I recommend bringing a sweat shirt. Last Jan on the Fantasy, which is bascially the same trip, when we left the dock and way on into the night till we got on further south it was cold. The decks were full of sun bathers on sea days, I thought it was a little chilly but still layed out. On down in Cozumel it was fine and warm!!