Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Familiar Face

Default Just got back from Carnival Glory Today

Had a wonderful relaxing, exciting cruise on Glory. Everything was great and the staff are the best. We were on the Western Car. week. We went on the Tulum tour in Cozumel, snorkling in Belieze and shopping in Nassau. The only problem was a crushed suitcase, but the insurance will take care of that. Just a little sad now and thought about stowing away but the family would not let me. Already planning another cruise and inviting everyone distantly related for an extended family cruise in 09. Of course will have to do some research by cruising before that.l Would recommend the Glory and their staff!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Admiral

glad you had a great cruise! How did you like Tulum? I'm cruising Fascination to Key West/Cozumel in June and contemplating that excursion. Look forward to your photos being posted in the Gallery!
Old December 8th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Passenger

I have been on 3 cruises but never on a large ship like the Glory. Was it easy to get around or did you spend alot of time searching? Planning on another cruise soon, just can't decide what size ship to sail.

To Michelle1959 : If you like history at all, you will enjoy Tulum. I have been there twice and would go again, if for only the bluff view . If Xelha is included with tour that too is fun. DH & I walked the entire park, others in our party snorkled, slept... it is a do your own thing place 8) .

Holiday 2003
Imagination 2001
Ecstasy 1997
Old December 8th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Tell us about the Glory we are going on her in April for the first time & would appreciate anything you could tell us,

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old December 8th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Glad you had a great trip! One more week and it's my turn..YAY!
Sensation '99, '04, '08
Triumph '99 & '03
Victory '00 & '02
Imagination '01
Fascination '05
Navigator Sept '05, Jan '09, Mar 10
Valor Aug 6, 2006, Sept 2010
Adventure 10/06
Elation Nov. 30 2006
Majesty OS June 8 2007
Glory Dec 07
Destiny 8/09, 10/11
Oasis Dec. 2009
Allure Dec 2010
Carnival Dream 3/11
Monarch OS 8/11
Freedom OS 12/4/11

Old December 8th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Admiral

We were on the Glory in October. The Glory is definately a big ship. The first day or say we stayed lost, but after that we didn't have to many problems. Every once in a while we would have to just stop and say "okay where the heck are we?", then we could figure it out. I did get confused with the Lido deck. I knew where it was and how to get to it, but it is split into aft, where the aft pool is, this one had a retractable roof, then the buffett, then the middle where there is another pool. I would get turned around in the buffet area and always try to go out the wrong door. They had deck plans that you could pick up at one of the lobby desk. That helped a lot. Just learn where your elevators or stairs are in relation to where you want to go. It won't take but a day or so and you will find your way around. I'm sure one day I will sail on the Glory again, this time I WILL know my way around. Have a great cruise.

Here is a link to photo gallery with pictures of the ship.

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=3991

Need some cruise help?
Old December 8th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Florida what Cat was your room? Was that a suite or balcony room? Your pictures were awesome thanks for posting them.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old December 8th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

How good is the shopping in Nassau? Particularly the jewelry... thanks
Old December 9th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Glory is one of our favorites as well. As I've stated before, I think Glory has the best food of the entire Carnival fleet. It's just seasoned more to my liking I guess. Anyway, you won't go wrong sailing the "Glory".

Ken
"Sky"
Old December 9th, 2007, 08:22 AM
First Mate

Hi All
I was on the Glory the first year. Every thing was perfect.
Food was great, service was perfect.
We could not find any thing wrong. Not that we looked.
We were having way to much fun.
We had a balcony room. The shipis easy enough to get
around. Floridanamaw your pictures you posted are very
nice. Had to get mine out and look at them again after I saw
yours. Thank you...
Carnival Liberty April 26th 2008..
139 days

sammy
Old December 9th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Ro, our cabin was a balcony on the Empress deck, cabin 7363. I loved having the balcony. We had plenty of storage for everything. The Glory is a great ship. We did a LOT of walking. Hardly ever took the elevators, 99 percent of the time we used the stairs. The Lido deck is the most crowded, especiallly during the day. We would always end up on the Sun deck and try to snag a lounger out of the sun. You will enjoy the ship. Have fun.

Need some cruise help?
Old December 9th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Just got back from Carnival Glory Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Kitty
Had a wonderful relaxing, exciting cruise on Glory. Everything was great and the staff are the best. We were on the Western Car. week. We went on the Tulum tour in Cozumel, snorkling in Belieze and shopping in Nassau. The only problem was a crushed suitcase, but the insurance will take care of that. Just a little sad now and thought about stowing away but the family would not let me. Already planning another cruise and inviting everyone distantly related for an extended family cruise in 09. Of course will have to do some research by cruising before that.l Would recommend the Glory and their staff!!!!!!!!!!
It was a great cruise!!! I was on there with you Momma Kitty. We loved the Glory and the staff was wonderful! The last day however we saw very few of them make eye contact or smile. I'm sure after taking care of us for 7 long days they were exhausted and having to do it all over again in just a few short hours. On a scale of 1-10 I give them a 10+
We went to Passion Island in Cozumel and it was heavenly. What I can remember anyway...(2 many margaritas.. ) In Nassau we took a taxi to Atlantis (spl?) and found it amazing! We didn't do anything in Belize but shop around the port but our table mates did the cave tubing and loved it.
Weeeeee Jimmy was very funny and keep us laughing the whole week. I took sooo many pictures (over 1500 including video clips) and will post a few of them later.
Mommy Kitty do you have any pics of the Deck Party on Wed night (I think) That was the only time I didn't take my camera.

I would definitely recommend the Glory!!!!
Old December 9th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cruisingrandma2007

Great photo's! We are on the Glory in April too.. Cant wait... Our 5th with Carnival. Always have a great time with CArnival too.