Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Must Pack Lists, let me have'em

I know I have read over several of these over the past few months. But I'm having a hard time finding the threads.

SO could you guys please give me some more of those wonderful must pack lists that you have???

Thanks

Randy and Heather

Destiny '11-booked!
The Royal Cancun '10(A.I.)
Dream '10
Sun Palace Nov. '09 (A.I.)
Glory '08
Sun Palace '07(A.I.)
Enchanment of the Seas '06
Aventura Spa Palace'04 (A.I.)
Couples Negril '04 (Honeymoon, A.I.)
Big Red Boat '93
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

#1 Pepto Bismal, Tums, or Zantac--you never know when your mean doesn't agree with you...

#2 Extra batteries (recharge or disposable) for camera and video camera. My batteries always seem to want to die when I see some good shots to take. I whip out the new batteries and pop em in!

#3 Extra sunglasses and cleaning wipes for said sunglasses. I had one good pair of sunglasses and one old pair along with one cleaning cloth. I cleaned the cloth nightly and the sunglasses got dirty very fast because of high humidity and sweating. I bought good sunglasses, but sweat doesn't care about how much you paid!!

#4 Folder for extra copies of Capers and papers you collect along the way. Not everyone keeps the Capers, I on the other hand kept three copies of each days Caper.

Those are my top items. I have a Excel spreadsheet of what I need to bring for clothes or other health/beauty/misc and I stick to it. This time around I am going to leave the Zen (my MP3 player) at home because I didn't really get much use out of it...

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old December 14th, 2007, 06:40 AM
First Mate

I also created my own packing list on excel. Here are my top items:

1. Air Freshener
2. Hat/Visor
3. 20 oz insulated mug
4. Different size baggies
5. 50 $1 bills for tips

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old December 14th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Passenger

Default My top must haves...(drum roll)

1. Spray on sunblock in 45 SPF or higher. I am fair & freckly and not getting any younger! Several cans makes for an un-blistered me.
2. Power strip to do my hair, charge the cellphone, & recharge batty's all at once. Oh, and for my softglo nightlight (hate stubbing my toes in the night).
3. As many dresses as I can manage to wear for the nightly stroll. I love looking nice at the end of the day. And it makes me FEEL great to have that simple notice of admiration from ladies & men alike.
4. pics of the kiddies. Mine are young and it's nice to both see them on a daily basis & share the photo's w/ new meets.
5. Any product that I cannot live w/out. My hair setting spray exploded on the flight there and I had to pay top $$ for a replacement bottle from the onboard salon.
6. Workout clothes & running shoes. The gym is a great relaxation spot for me.
7. Two swimsuits, sometimes 3. We all have days when the tiny bikini just isn't our friend.
8. Collapsible small cooler bag & cooler packs. Plus the sandwich baggies. I order up room service sandwiches before the excursion days and take the whole lot along for my midday meal. Room service is complimentary on Carnival so why not enjoy what they have to offer & save a few $$ while ashore? Sometimes the food ashore is pricey and not so great!
9. Insulated cooler cup for water & ice to drink while enjoying the sunshine.
10. A good book or a couple of juicy magazines (food, people, clothes) it's all good entertainment. And I will probably add my MP3 player to this group this next cruise b/c I prefer my own music.
11. a cheap, plastic sign & some tape to help me identify my room from all the other rooms in the hallway. I also do some room decor to make the place a bit more festive. I usually raid the $1 store for this and spend all of 5-6 for some fun, wacky things.
12. Bubble gun w/ extra bubbles for the launch. It's silly and makes me giggle. Nuff said.
13. a few small courtesy gifts (like chocolates) for those staff who really shine to me on my trip. Lots of folks like to just give cash. Not my thing really. A little gift says more to me than that.
14. A carry-all day travel bag. Holds the mini cooler, a water bottle or two, sunblock, etc. I bought one onboard our first cruise & have used it ever since.
15. Digital camera. & notepad to jot down emails or addy's of folks that we meet along the way.

Cheers to you & happy sailing!
Lady Di
Old December 14th, 2007, 09:32 AM
First Mate

To start you will love the Glory.

packing list for me

Suntan lotion,night light,batteries and charger, camera, baggies all sizes,
tote bag for when on the islands to carry my packages in, pen
and paper, sun glasses, some clothes, a few pairs of shoes, one dollar
bills for tips.

Really dont need a lot of clothes no time to wear half of what you take.

With all the others that give you their list you will good to go.

Can always buy what you might forget on the islands or on the ship.
sammy
Old December 14th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Admiral

All the items listed above are great!

To those lists I would add:

1. A small electric clock -- I hate having to find my watch to check the time or my glasses so I can see my watch. I like to be able to take my time while dressing for dinner, so this keeps me from loitering too long.
2. Meds -- Bonine and Immodium On our last cruise I had a little seasickness! I have been on 8 prior cruises and never had a problem. I was glad I had the Bonine.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 14th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Must Pack Lists, let me have'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsumrow79
I know I have read over several of these over the past few months. But I'm having a hard time finding the threads.

SO could you guys please give me some more of those wonderful must pack lists that you have???

Thanks

Randy and Heather
Well, I can tell you what not to pack....I put in some travel books to use on excursions...they took up space in my suitcase and added weight so that I was over wt. on the plane! Then I didn't use them anyway. Read them "before" you go.
I always take pepto, imodium, anti-nausea tablets and cold tablets ( just in case) A little package of wipes are good to take if you are going to be in places where there is no toilet tissue. I've taken travel mugs but found I didn't really need those either, although I know some people can't get along without theirs.
My husband and I always take puzzle books for when we are lounging on the beach or at the pool. L & C
Old December 15th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Captain

For the men...Don't forget your dress shoes, socks, belt etc. for formal night. It's an easy thing to forget and you always see at least a couple guys at the formal dinner in tennis shoes and nice suits lol.
Old December 15th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Admiral

The most important thing to pack: a good sense of adventure. While we hope all of our vacation will be perfect, in reality there is always the possibility of rough seas/bad weather, idiot passengers, bad service, and other things that can go wrong. If you have a good sense of adventure you can just let it roll off of you.

The second most important thing to pack: a good digital camera that also takes good video clips, two batteries for it, and at least two 2-gig memory cards for it! what good is a vacation if you don't bring home tons of photo sand movies to show your friends, family and of course to relive it over and over again?

After that, necessary documentation, sufficient credit cards/cash, clothes, meds (including sea Dramamine, more for the SMALLER boats you may go on - not the cruise ship - i.e. glass bottom boat), cosmetics, travel hair dryer, the usual travel items. Cell phone for emergencies. PDA to contain important information (i.e.; travel plans & confirmation numbers) so you dont have to carry unnecessary paper documents.
Old December 15th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Admiral

I can't see anything to add to the lists.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.