Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Beginner

Default stupid question, smart answer

BRAND NEW TO THIS WEBSITE. EVERYBODY GIVES SUCH USEFUL INFORMATION AND I APPRECIATE THAT. JUST HAVE A VERY STUPID QUESTION WHERE I'M HOPING SOMEONE CAN ANSWER. I'M GOING ON CARNIVAL VICTORY THIS SUNDAY AND HOPING TO BRING SOME ALCOHOL ON BOARD. THEY SAY THAT YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO BRING ONE BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE OR WINE. I'M JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE EVER TRIED TO SNEAK IT ON BOARD IN YOUR SUITCASE PERHAPS. I REMEMBER CRUISING WITH ROYAL CARRIBEAN (MAJESTY OF THE SEAS) ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO AND THEY DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING. JUST DON'T KNOW HOW CARNIVAL REACTS TO THAT. I DON'T THINK ANYONE WANTS TO SEE THERE ALCOHOL GET CONFISCATED THEN SOLD BACK TO YOU ON THE CRUISE.
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2007, 06:18 AM
First Mate

Yes, most pack it in their checked luggage.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old December 14th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Admiral

If it is a small amount, there probably won't be a problem. Place the bottle in the middle of one of the suitcases you are checking, to help cushion it. Welcome to CruiseMates and have a wonderful cruise!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 14th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Captain

btw Royal Caribbean has cracked down more than most on bringing alchohol onto the ship when you board. We cruised Easter week and during the spring break cruising season they confiscated everything. If you had a questionable item in your locked suitcase you were called down to open your suitcase. Like those who put it in mouthwash bottles.

If it was in its original container you got it back at the end of the cruise.

No bottles are allowed on RCL currently per ther policy. They state they can deny you boarding. There was a rumor of a college kid who tried to bring like a dozen bottles of vodka who was denied boarding. I think it has to be an extreme case before they would stop you from boarding or someone who argues about it?

So Carnival allowing a bottle of wine per pax to me is wonderfull and better than no bottles. lol