Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Admiral

Default Carnival Freedom 12/8 - 12/15

Carnival Freedom 12/8 – 12/15

We had never been on a ship before when it was brand new and somehow I had myself psyched up for something special but the truth is it was really no better or worse than most other Carnival cruises. We had a great week and are already planning our next cruise. As we walked into the Atrium for the first time…. “OMG …My Eyes?……..
I think Joe Farcas has been drinking the cheap wine. The ever polite Ms. ScurvyDog is using words like “Interesting and Unusual? to describe many of the public areas and I am thinking “butt-ugly?. By the end of the week it was hardly noticeable. Guess either my senses were numb or maybe ugly just grows on you. Not your finest hour Joe.
Cabin service was outstanding and dining room service was acceptable. Had several minor issues but they were immediately corrected. Noise level on the Lido at the main pool area was a little past my liking with the big speakers but there are plenty of quieter areas available. Floor around the aft pool can become quite slick when wet. Saw more than one take a spill. Noticed Freedom had a huge dent in the stern about the size of a 55 gallon drum. Could not get the full story but was told by one of the crew that it happened while the ship was still in Italy.
54 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle, Breeze, Sunshine X2
6 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Sponsored Links