CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Just returned from "Legend". Any questions? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/343547-just-returned-legend-any-questions.html)

skymaster December 16th, 2007 07:14 PM

Just returned from "Legend". Any questions?

We just returned from the seven day "Western" aboard Carnival "Legend". A very good cruise, but not quite as good as "Miracle". Legend is due to go into dry dock, and refit in January, and she'll be a much better ship after that. Our bed was somewhat of a "hammock", and the deck chairs are the old plastic piece of crap that hits you in the back of the head when you sit, but the food was very, very good, and the crew was excellent. Entertainment was above average, and the fact that "Legend" is the only Carnival ship with four production singers instead of only two makes her shows unique, and very good. I'd recommend this cruise, but it'll get even better after her refit in January of '08. In fact, I have her booked again for Halloween week, of 2008.
Any questions?

Ken
"SkyMaster"

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith December 16th, 2007 07:19 PM

welcome back Ken & Mrs.........Glad to see you had a great time.
That's it for us this year, we only managed to fit in 5 last-minute cruises this year...........we'll see what 2008 brings, Ken.

Captain :)

kbd627 December 16th, 2007 07:34 PM

Permission to board Capt??

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
That's it for us this year, we only managed to fit in 5 last-minute cruises this year...........we'll see what 2008 brings, Ken.

Ahoy Capt. Haven't checked in lately. I hope things are well with you and the Mrs.

KBD

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith December 16th, 2007 08:30 PM

Re: Permission to board Capt??

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbd627
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Ahoy Capt. Haven't checked in lately. I hope things are well with you and the Mrs.

KBD

Premission Granted, mate!
I haven't see ya around in a while K. We're doing fine, thanks for asking.
Hope all's well with you and your family and Happy Holidays, friend.

OP: sorry about the temporary hijack.

skymaster December 17th, 2007 11:17 AM

No problem Captain. Thanks for the "Welcome Home". We managed six cruises in 2007, and that's just about the limit for us. We do have to spend a little bit of time here at the homestead with our critters, plus I'm still gainfully employed, and the boss likes me around occasionally! :D

Ken
"Sky"

gottagowhereitswarm December 26th, 2007 12:56 PM

We depart Feb 3 from Tampa on the Legend - Western Carib. Does anyone know of a catamaran or sailboat available for a few hours of sailing? And in Cozumel, we would like to charter a 46' Sea Ray from Playa Uvas but we need 8 more to join us to keep our cost at $170 pp for four hrs. http://www.playauvas.com/eng/YachtTour.asp - Wondering if we should post this option on various cruise review sites to recruit others?

skymaster December 26th, 2007 03:01 PM

Sure, why not post it right here on the Carnival site. You might get a bite or two from someone who's sailing that week. Also, try posting it in the "Meet on Board" forum as well.
You're going to have a great time on "Legend". She'll be fresh from refit, and have lots of new stuff. We've got here booked again for Halloween of '08.

Ken
"SkyMaster"

Luanne Russo December 28th, 2007 02:32 PM

I would like to know how I can make Oct. get here quicker, for my cruise. LOL

skymaster December 28th, 2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
I would like to know how I can make Oct. get here quicker, for my cruise. LOL

Luanne, I don't know how we can do that, but if you find a way please, PLEASE let me know! The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I can't wait for that cruise. We're going to have a fantastic time.

See you and Jim aboard!

Ken
"Sky"

Tynti January 7th, 2008 09:56 AM

We are sailing on the Legend on January 27th from Tampa (3 weeks from now), is there any one (or a few) things that you would highly recommend to first time cruises aboard this particular ship?

kmeyer_rd January 9th, 2008 09:49 AM

Where were your ports of call? What excursions did you do?

skymaster January 9th, 2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tynti
We are sailing on the Legend on January 27th from Tampa (3 weeks from now), is there any one (or a few) things that you would highly recommend to first time cruises aboard this particular ship?

I'd highly recommend that you catch the "big production shows". As I stated, they're a bit unusual because of the 4 production singers, and IMO are excellent. This cruise in general, is very, very good, and I know you won't be disappointed.

Kmeyer, I really can't help you much with ports of call, and excursions. We've sailed the Caribbean so much, that we rarely leave the ship, and this cruise was no exception. We never left the ship the entire cruise! We cruise for the ship, and the entertainment, and relaxation. (and great food)

Have a super cruise, and we'll perhaps see you aboard.

Ken
"SkyMaster"