CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Triumph 7-day out of New Orleans?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/343592-carnival-triumph-7-day-out-new-orleans.html)

metalsmythe December 17th, 2007 07:11 PM

Carnival Triumph 7-day out of New Orleans??

We are newbies and I was just browsing some sites and went to the Port of New Orleans site and saw this....

"Cruise Lines
Carnival Cruise Lines, the world’s largest cruise ship operator, currently homeports its Fantasy for year-round four- and five-day Western Caribbean cruises and its Carnival Triumph for year-round seven-day Western Caribbean cruises beginning in August of 2007."

So what happened, I see it still is in Miami. Is it still a possibility that a seven day Carnival will eventually Port in New Orleans? We are new to this and trying to figure out where and at what time we want to go on a cruise, but a 7 day out of New Orleans sure would be convenient coming from Memphis, TN.

gfleo December 17th, 2007 08:40 PM

I think it's a mistake, bacause I just checked, and it will be based in miami at least till March 2009. Hope this helps.

misguidedangel December 17th, 2007 08:42 PM

I can assume there are several reasons they don't sail the Triumph out of No, one could be hurricanes/tropical storms. Who knows, perhaps the port facilities need more time to get everything right and working well again.

I truly want to sail out of New Orleans one day, but I want to do a sdeven-day cruise, not a three or four...

uoduck1978 December 17th, 2007 11:17 PM

We took our first cruise out of New Orleans last March on Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas. We went to Western Caribbean ports of Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Costa Maya. It was a great cruise experience. However, I recommend NOT going on spring break cruise unless you are a college student, although my husband seemed to enjoy the sunbathers :-) Our excursions included the snorkeling with stingrays in Grand Cayman (highly recommend this experience at least once), the Mexican cooking school in Cozumel (very fun with open bar and cute chef) and the Mayan historical experience in Costa Maya (a special treat for my history teacher husband). The captain & crew were great, meals in dining room, buffet & poolside were all very good. The onboard gym is only OK. Activities & shows were fun. I know Carnival also has ships out of New Orleans and assume port of call are similar. We are taking an Eastern Caribbean Carnival cruise out of Miami on Dec 30th.

lhp December 19th, 2007 10:37 AM

Carnival did announce moving the Triumph to New Orleans to add back a 7 day to the 4/5 Fantasy that is already there.

However, (sadly) lack of bookings made Carnival change their mind. The Triumph is enjoying great booking success in Miami and the people just did not respond as strongly as Carnival needed for them to make the change to New Orleans.

I now predict that a 7 day cruise won't be added to New Orleans until at least Spring 2009.

Carnival tried....the cruising public simply did not support it yet...but they will soon!!!