Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cell Phone Service

I thought I had read that Carnival had cell phone service across their entire fleet now. Is this true?? For Glory as well??

I know I will be on vacation and I should just leave it at home. But we run a small family company (DW, Dad and I), and we will all be on the cruise, and cannot just close down. We will have somenone watching the office and my crews will still be working. And in our industry you never know when something will come up, so they will need to be able to get in touch with me. Hopefully eveything will go just fine, but better to be prepared and not need it than need it and not be prepared.

Thanks for any help.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Randy and Heather

Destiny '11-booked!
The Royal Cancun '10(A.I.)
Dream '10
Sun Palace Nov. '09 (A.I.)
Glory '08
Sun Palace '07(A.I.)
Enchanment of the Seas '06
Aventura Spa Palace'04 (A.I.)
Couples Negril '04 (Honeymoon, A.I.)
Big Red Boat '93
Sponsored Links
Old December 20th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Admiral

While at sea, minimum cost for service $2.50/minute. Contact your provider for the exact cost....as well as the cost at each of your ports
Old December 20th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Cell service is available on all ships. As previously posted it will be expensive. If you make your cell calls while in port they will usually be cheaper than at sea.
If you have AT&T calls to/from San Juan and St Thomas are free; just minutes used...
55 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle, Breeze, Sunshine X3
6 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old December 20th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScurvyDog
Cell service is available on all ships. As previously posted it will be expensive. If you make your cell calls while in port they will usually be cheaper than at sea.

Can I use my cell phone on the ship?

Yes, Carnival Cruise Lines has completed the fleetwide implementation of cell phone service aboard all 22 of it's "Fun Ships".

Verizon Wireless said it was $2.49/minute not cheap but certainly better then the $10/minute or so they charge if you use the cabin phone. I didn't use the phone at sea

If you go to San Juan or St Thomas the roaming charge is .69/minute in Tortola it was $1.29/minute. These are examples check with your carrier for specific charges for you intinerary.

You may find it cheaper as I did to use a pre paid phone card from a pay phone in port. I doubt I spent more then $15 talking on the phone for 45 minutes in St Thomas calling home.

There is a reasonable calling center at the end of the peir in San Juan it was about $2.99 for 8 minutes.

Hope this helps
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old December 20th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you have T-Mobile calls to/from San Juan and St Thomas are free; just minutes used... same as if you were at home.

Carnival Holiday - Dec 04
Carnival Liberty - Jan 06
Carnival Liberty - Jan 07
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - Jan 08
Old December 20th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Shirley Jones

Just checked with sprint and next they charge 2.49 a min . on ship for calls
Conquest 3/10
Ecstasy 6/11
Magic 11/11