Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2007, 02:51 PM
Beginner

Default CARNIVAL VICTORY

Hi, I have a few questions. We have traveled all over the Caribbean, but not by cruising. We have just been on one other cruise ship and that was the Disney Magic with out daughter and grandchildren. We booked a 4 day music cruise with John Mayer, on the Carnival Victory, leaving from Miami 2/1/08. We are very excited but being unfamilar with cruising, we have a couple of questions. Can we make reservations and eat at the Supper Club every night if we want to? At the other dining rooms will we be seated with other people? If so can we request a table for 2? To be honest, the Disney Cruise flipped us out. We never saw so many crying children. Any info tht you can give to this "cruise virgin" would be appreciated. We will also be celebrating Super Bowl onboard and it should be a lot of fun.
Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Have not been on the Victory but to my knowledge Carnival has no restriction on how many times you can eat in the Supper Club. Sometimes they fill up fast so make reservations early. For the dining room I would suggest the late seating. Usually not that many kids. They will try to accomodate your request for a table for 2 but it is based on availability. Camp Carnival usually does a pretty good job of keeping the little ones busy and out of sight. Have Fun!!!
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old December 22nd, 2007, 03:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

The Victory does not have a supper club. You can request a table for 2 for the main dining room from the Maitre 'd on the first day of the cruise. I did this a couple of weeks ago on the Victory.

Carnival Liberty November 30-December 7, 2013
Carnival Liberty
March 2-March 9, 2013

Carnival Legend November 27-December 4, 2011
Carnival Miracle September 28-October 6 2010
Carnival Victory December 9-16, 2007
Carnival Imagination April 28-May 3, 2007
Carnival Fascination April 24-28, 2006
Carnival Fascination July 10-17, 1999
Old December 22nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Admiral

If you are going to request a table for 2, I suggest that you go straight to the dining room when you get on board the first afternoon. The line is shorter and you have a better chance of getting your table for 2 if you are one of the first to request it.

However, Carnival does a good job of pair people up for dinner. If you are traveling san children, it is highly unlikely that you will be put at a table with any minors. Also, like the other post stated, pick one of the later dining times. Little ones tend to eat earlier.

Lastly, with a 2/1/08 sailing date, there will be minimal youngsters aboard and Camp Carnival does go an excellent job of keeping them busy, tired, and invisible.

Disney cruises seem to have a lot of nice amenities but I cannot image being stuck on board a cruiseship with a full load of over stimulated kiddies.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old December 22nd, 2007, 06:43 PM
Captain

If you're absolutely set on a table for 2 you can go for it. However, many, including myself, will tell you one of the funner parts of the cruise is meeting new folks at your dinner table and getting to know them. Many lifelong friendships start out this way.

Also, I've noticed that tables for 2 aren't always in the greatest spots in the dining room. Alot of times one person will end up facing a wall etc with no view of the dining room or it's activities. The people who do the table for 2 often don't seem to be enjoying themselves quite as much as the tables with more people.

Either way, I'm sure you'll have a good time.