Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2007, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Default do ship activity schedules change much over time?

Hi everyone, hope you're having a great holiday season! Hanukah is behing us and we're awaiting New Year's Eve.

I found some copies of the Fascination Capers from mid 2006 on webshots.com - would they have changed very much (days and general times of the activities) by the time I go in June 2008? I'd like to sort of plan out my activities on board in advance as much as I can, so I can try and attend the activites I'm most interested in, if possible.
Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2007, 10:18 PM
Admiral

Funny you should ask that question. I went on the Liberty in June and then the Glory in October. To be honest, I was a bit bored on the Glory. One reason for this boredom was that the Glory is an exact twin of the Liberty, every show, every performer, every activity.

This is one reason why my next cruise is on RCCL. I love cruising but Carnival's day to day schedule is getting a bit old.

After RCCL, I am doing the Destiny which has no sea days and 6 ports. This way it is not much time for the same ole Carnival stuff.

I think it is time that Carnival either figure out a way to change up their routine a bit or come up with more than one basic schedule per class of ship. They have too many repeat passengers to keep offering the same ole thing.

Also, the Glory had 3 1/2 sea days. Way too many days stuck on the ship with only the same ole shows and the same old activities to keep me occupied. I spent a lot of time at the slot machines.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old December 23rd, 2007, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Thanks for the info - I agree, who wants to stay with one cruiseline when all the activities are pretty much the same on all of them! Of course, there are activities I"ll do this time that I didn't do last time, as my teenage son was with me and he preferred movies in the cabin, mini-golf or the video arcade. This time I'll do the other activities (watch ice carving, hang by the pool, karoke sing alongs, the evening shows, afternoon tea, disco, etc.) but after that, it will be a few years till I cruise again and I'll hope that by 2011 the Carnival activities have changed completely.