Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2007, 09:17 PM
Passenger

Default Victory 2008: L-shaped Cabin or Panorama Cabin?

Hi All,

This past week we just put down a deposit on Victory when it begins sailing out of San Juan November next year. Currently, I have cabin 7419 booked. However, I'm also considering rebooking for cabin 1067 on the Panorama just to try something different and the price is right/less than what I have 7419 booked. We did an L shaped cabin before when we sailed Destiny in 2005 and we loved it so we know what to expect in such a cabin. However, for the price we're seeing for the panorama cabin, we were wondering should we forego the extended balcony and L shaped slightly bigger cabin just to experience going up to a much higher deck and with less cabins just for the experience? Any thoughts as to which cabin to take? : )

Many thanks in advance

P.S. The day we return from the Victory sailing we will be getting on RCCL's Adventurer of the Seas for a different Southern Caribbean itinerary. : )))) We have an Aft cabin on that one that's supposed to have a little longer balcony so if we do go with Victory 1067 we won't feel cheated on balcony. ; )
Old December 24th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Captain

I'd stay with the L shaped cabin. We like the layout much better. It's nice to have the bathroom back by the balcony door instead of in the hallway by the cabin door. We were in cabin 7419 on the Victory in April and loved it. FYI...the higher the deck the move ships movement you will feel.

AKcruiser

PS THe bed is also a queen size bed in room 7419, not 2 twins pushed together.
Old December 24th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the tips. I'll let the hubby know. I had forgotten about the bathroom being near the balcony until you mentioned it. : ) We had an L-shaped cabin on Destiny in 2005. I guess I never really paid any attention that the bathroom wasn't in the 'usual' spot. : )
Old December 25th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I had Cabin 1066 on the Triumph (the last cabin on Panorama deck Port side, 1067 is same, but starboard). I loved it. The layout is the same as the Victory.

You have to ask yourself, how much noise/motion do you want. I had no one above me, no one on one side, and no one below me, that and I was merely steps away from the door to the Panorama deck. The wrap around balconies are nice, but it is at the back of the ship, so if the sea is rough, the ship bobs away. The nice thing about 1067 is you have the atrium elevators right there as well, all 10 of them!!!!!

Happy sailing!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old December 25th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Passenger

Thanks misquidedangel. : ) Love the name!!! We did enjoy the wrap around balcony last time and it was cool when friends come over but since the hubby and I will be alone (because our group of friends will be joining us the week after this cruise on RCCL's AOS) on this pre-cruise cruise a bigger balcony we perhaps can take it or leave it. We did experience some motion on that wraparound aft when we were on Destiny but it wasn't enough to make me not want to book again. That's also why we wanna perhaps try something a little different. We've never stayed forward before. So then we can say we've stayed on the bottom deck, far aft, midship several times, and now we would be able to say we've stayed on the top deck and forward. : ) My husband was also thrilled when I told him your reports of quietness and easy access to promenade, elevators, etc. On AOS we have one of those corner Aft balcony cabins booked on one of the top decks........I believe that's slightly bigger room& balcony (cat D1) so we'll make it up if we decide to go with 1067. : )