Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Destiny

We are booked on the Destiny .Jan. 6h. Is anyone here booked for that cruise? Has anyone evr sailed on the Destiny? How was the ship?
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Admiral

I was on the Destiny in October 2006 and will be on it again in June 2008.

This is the oldest of all of CCL's ships that are still doing 7 night itineraries. In some small ways, it shows it age but nothing major. There are a few cabins that are rumored to have a/c issues but I didn't notice this while on this ship.

It is an older ship without all of the bells and whistles that the newer ships have. However, and this is the biggest selling point about the Destiny, you do not go on the Destiny for the ship. Any one who books the Destiny is looking for an extremely port intensive itinerary -- no sea days.

There is minimal time spent on the ship. Basically, you are on land all day and then you get on the ship in time to get ready for dinner. Depending upon your level of night time activity, you will spend very little time moving around the ship.

Happy cruzin'

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old December 26th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Passenger

Weddiva
We sailed the Destiny from Nov 25 - Dec 2, 2007, prior to boarding her I was a bit concerned because of her age. My primary concern was that we sailed the Imagination in Aug 2007 and I was very disappointed in the condition of some areas of that ship. The Destiny is approximatedly the same age as the Imagination so I guess I was stressing about her condition because of the Imagination experience. I was very pleasantly surprised to find the Destiny in beautiful shape with the exception of a few exterior areas that needed a touch of paint. I'm not big on being entertatined so I don't get involved with the shows and other activities, just being on the ship is enough for me. I only have one complaint, and that is the food lines on the Lido Deck are way too long and move to slow, that's all that the Captain and crew would have to fix for me. Our balcony cabin 9155 was in perfect condition and our stewart was the best. We used room service every night and the delivery was always prompt and the delivery person was always pleaseant. However, what impressed me the most was the embarking and debarking procedures , simply put they were the best that I have experienced since we began cruising. IBCRUZIN is correct in that the port schedule was a busy one, but we did have one sea day which was the day before we returned to San Juan. Overall, I would say don't be concerned the Destiny is a beautiful ship and we had a great time, and I'm sure that you will have the same experience.
Sensation 10/2002
Majesty of the Seas 4/2003
Glory 8/2005
Miracle 8/2006
Imagination 8/2007
Destiny 11/2007
Valor 7/2008
Victory .
Old December 26th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Admiral

I'm going on the Destiny in April. The Southern Caribbean itinerary that she sails seems to be all ports. From what I read she doesn't appear to be any more frumpy than her sister ships, Victory and Triumph. Built in 1996 refurbished in 2005. I expect she will be a slightly less mammoth version of the Conquest class Valor of which I sailed on this year.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old December 27th, 2007, 12:02 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to gfleo

I cruisesd on her Sep 23-30 2007 and found the food to be very good and some excellent shows. What older ship, and found the crew not that friendly.They looked like they were unhappy with their job, but all in all a good cruise for the price paid.
Caribbean Princess
C. Destiny
N.Pearl Nov
C.Valor Sept 2008
Ruby Princess
C.Splendor
Indy
Liberty OTS 2009
Carnival Liberty
Eurodam
Radiance OTS
Mariner OTS
C. Freedom
C. Triumph
Navigator OTS(TA)
C.Dream
Solstice 2010
Costa Fortuna
Summit
Norwegian Dawn
C.Glory Sept 2011
Brilliance OTS 2012
Mariner OTS (TA)
Liberty OTS
C.Breeze 2013
C.Conquest
Serenade OTS TA
C.Sunshine 2014
Indy
Vision OTS
Old December 27th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Passenger

I was on the Destiny last January. If its indication of how much fun we had, we are booked on your Jan 6th sailing also! We had a great time, were in a Cat 11 last year with our teenage son, this year just a balcony since he isn't going.

It is as others mentioned port intensive, but it also really nice to have the ship so empty should you choose to stay ashore. A big part of the reason we choose the same ship again, we've been to most of the ports, so if we get lazy and want a day by the pool. . . .we can have it without fighting for chairs. The crew was terrific last year when we were there.
Old December 27th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Passenger

I'm on the Destiny March 30th and can't wait. My daughter wanted the port intensive itinerary but I think I may opt to stay onboard some days.

Carnival Destiny 03/30/08
RCL Enchantment 09/24/07
Carnival Liberty 02/05
Carnival Glory 01/03
Old December 27th, 2007, 08:28 PM
First Mate

My family and I were on the Destiny in July and found the ship to be ok. It is very tiring though, but it is your choice not to take an excursion and just relax. I think if we ever do that schedule again, I am just going to relax because we were very tired.

Tweetybird