Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Beginner

Default Riveria deck on the Conquest ??

We are booked on the Conquest for late July. Our room is 1358 on the Riveria deck. Does anyone know if this a good location?I have never stayed on this deck and am worried about it being the bottom deck.Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Admiral

No real downside to staying on the Riveria Deck. You will be fine. Room is close to center elevators so noise should not be a problem.
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old December 28th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Only advantage is your closest to the Deck 0 gangway. Downside you are either a window or inside on the lowest deck. Splurge, upgrade to a balcony, you will NOT regret it!!!!!! The view from a Deck 8-10 balcony is spectacular and you can enjoy the view pulling into port in your jammies, bath towel, or a robe (I don't recommend buck naked...). Coming back into port in Miami this past September I was up at 5:30ish am and we were so close to Miami that you could see the channel...I got up and sat my butt on a deck chair and watched the sail back into Miami!!!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old December 30th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Captain

when we cruise we always get a midship inside cabin its real quiet
on the riveria deck and you feel like your not moving the reason
we stay on the riveria deck because the price is right and its easy to get on and off when in port
Old December 30th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddletoe53
when we cruise we always get a midship inside cabin its real quiet
on the riveria deck and you feel like your not moving the reason
we stay on the riveria deck because the price is right and its easy to get on and off when in port
Absolutely correct,,,PLUS the fact that you're closer to the dining rooms, and all the Main Lounge for the entertainment in the evening. We absolutely love the Riv deck or Main deck, and recently when we were upgraded to deck 8 we didn't like it as much. Don't worry about your cabin. It'll be perfect!

Ken
"Sky"
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to cruzaddict

Absolutely nothing wrong with Riviera Deck. We just sailed on Conquest in September (in room 1340) and had not a single complaint.

I do advise you to not stay in your room too much...not because you won't like it, but because the ship is gorgeous and has great ocean views, and a variety of activities.

Here's a tip I wish I had known...go to the fish and chips restaurant (Sur Mer, upstairs from the main Lido restaurant buffet area) early in the cruise because the food is good but as more people find out about it the line gets very long. We found that the food was not as good when the line was long...maybe the cooks were hurrying in order to handle the crowd. First day we went, we were probably 3rd or 4th in line and the food was great. On the last Sea Day, we were probably around 50th in line and the food was not cooked as well. Fried seafood not so good when breading is not fully cooked

Have a great cruise

Carnival Ecstasy 4-06, Carnival Conquest 9-07
Mariner OTS 9-08, Carnival Conquest 2-09
Carnival Conquest 9-09, Carnival Fantasy 1-10
Carnival Triumph 5-11, Mariner OTS 11-11
Old December 31st, 2007, 01:34 AM
Familiar Face

i sailed the conquest dec 9 2007 we were on the rivera deck 1345. quiet our cabin stewart Darwin was the best. no noise and it easy to get to the gangway. we will probably try a up high room at least once but for the amount of time we spent in the room it was fine. i have 2 small kids and i would be to afraid of a balcony. it a hight thing but one tip if you want to get of the boat early take all of your luggage be self aggist b/c if you don't you will have to stand in line and drag your luggage off anyway and we had 5 big bags 28" and 2 backpacks a diaper bar, toddler in stroller and 2 other bags and the line for the porter was too long so next time i will self assist.

my ship sailed 12 - 9 - 2007 CCL conquest

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Conquest 9/14/ 2003 - Western Caribbean

Carnival Conquest 12/09/2007 - Western Caribbean

Carnival Triumph 12/07/2009 - Western Caribbean

Carnival Sensation 12/12/2010 - Bahamas

Carnival Legend 06/02/2015 - Alaska !!!
Old December 31st, 2007, 05:10 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Riveria deck on the Conquest ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdesor97
We are booked on the Conquest for late July. Our room is 1358 on the Riveria deck. Does anyone know if this a good location?I have never stayed on this deck and am worried about it being the bottom deck.Thanks
Has anyone mentioned how much easier it is to catch an elevator on the Riviera deck? It's the same principle as being on the top floor of an office building: you get an empty elevator unless someone from a middle floor has jumped on going the wrong way.
I have never booked the Riviera deck because DW does not believe that anything inexpensive can have an upside. However, she has now heard "The more you pay the more you sway." enough times that I think it is sinking in. I suppose the pricing structure is a holdover from the days when there were cabins on decks below the water line of transatlantic liners.
Sovereign of the Seas 2007
Carnival Fantasy 2008
Carnival Fascination 9/14/09
Freedom of the Seas 11/28/10