CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Beach in Cozumel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/343985-beach-cozumel.html)

marysed December 30th, 2007 02:19 PM

Beach in Cozumel

I am looking for a good beach to spend most of the day at that is not to far from the ship. Maybe a 15 to 20 min cab ride. We will have our 12 year old son with us. Thank you for all your advice.

beenie weenie December 30th, 2007 02:29 PM

We rented a car to Chankanaab this last trip to Coz and it was alright. It's not too far away at all and cabs are plentiful. I prefer Punta Sur, It is much less commercialized and back to nature, but it is a ways further out than Chank but there is a lot to see there. There are minor ruins, a crocodile preserve, sea turtle reserve, and according to National Geographic one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in the world.

Michelle1959 December 30th, 2007 02:35 PM

when I go there in June, I'm considering doing the beach break deluxe excursion, a short air conditioned bus ride to a resort where you can use the pool as well as their beach and a buffet lunch is included.

Kuki December 30th, 2007 02:35 PM

Last month when we were in Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach... a $12 taxi ride (per taxi not person).

Nice beach, lots of water toys (i.e. float mats, iceberg to climb, water trampoline etc). No charge for the beach loungers, or umbrellas... a $9 pp charge if you want to use the "toys". They also have jet skis and parasailing available for extra cost.

It has decent washroom and locker facilities, and good bar and food service.

Another spot we've enjoyed is Mr. Sancho's Beach Club.

marysed December 30th, 2007 04:57 PM

Thanks that gives me a few places to check into. Thanks again.

ScurvyDog December 30th, 2007 05:45 PM

My preference is Paradise Beach. If you choose Chankanaab be aware there is an entrance fee.

cwr322 December 30th, 2007 11:41 PM

We did the Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe and had a great time. The beach is beautiful. Lots of water toys, open bar and buffet lunch. There are a few pictures posted in the Gallery under Carnival Ecstasy - 12/1/07

Cathy

smlaker December 31st, 2007 07:09 PM

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/C...BeachBreak.htm

i posted a review in another thread just now, go find it. don't miss this one.

lhp January 2nd, 2008 09:51 AM

We have two boys and have gone to Paradise Beach since it opened.

It does not charge an entrance fee like Playa Mia. Their lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas, CLEAN restrooms, changing rooms and even Internet at the bar are all FREE.

All they ask you to do is eat/drink while you are there.

There is an OPTIONAL wristband for those folks who want to enjoy the non-motorized water toys. It is $10 per person (as of last week)....but this also now includes the land toys as well. You can climb a coconut tree or play on the land bungie/trampoline. The non-motorized water toys include kayaks, snorkeling, floats,(individual and multi person) two water trampolines and an iceberg. They have life vests for those persons who feel they may need them. Some equipment requires a deposit, but it is refunded in full when the equipment is returned.

They also have lockers for rent if you need one.

Tom is from Canada and he is the manager. Super nice guy with a great staff that will take excellent care of you for a carefree day on the beach.

There are also many independent vendors around if you want to Parasail, Jet Ski, Banana boat ride etc.

Massages are also available right on the beach. Nice clean towels and linens under a tent with a breeze. $1 per minute with a 30 minute minimum. Excellent!!!

And of course, you can get your hair braided etc. We have never been constantly harrassed to partake in these services...but it is nice to know they are there if we want them.

Like most beach resorts in Cozumel, the taxi ride will be $12 -15 one way for up to 4 people depending on where you dock or tender into.

There are more taxis than sand in Cozumel, so don't worry about getting back to the ship. There are always taxis at Paradise Beach ready to take you back!!

marysed January 2nd, 2008 07:00 PM

Thank you all sooooooo much for the info. It has been alot of help last time we just went snorkeling. :D

Nothin but blue skies January 4th, 2008 07:30 PM

We have been to Cozumel many times and love both Chakanaub and Paradise Beach. When we take the grandkids, we go to Paradise so they can use the beach and water toys. This is a very nice place for all ages. You can go to their website and look at their prices and even their menu.

Chakanaub has coupons you can download from their website. Our taxi driver gave us info that saved us even more money at Chakanaub and it included a free tee shirt for each of us.
Once thing we have found out about Cozumel is to be very clear before you get into the taxi what the taxi fees are. Be sure that whatever you are quoted is for your entire party. Sometimes you get a quote and then they try to multiply the quote by the number of people in the party.