Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Default which beach excursion in Cozumel?

in cozumel, which beach excursion is best?

Isla Pasion Beach Adventure Vip or
Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Admiral

Know that you do not have to book either of these resorts through the ship. You can catch a cab to these resorts and just pay the entrance fee. If you don't purchase a lunch package, you can just buy lunch on the beach. It is a whole cheaper than going through Carnival. Also, with Carnival, they tend to use larger buses to transport people which means they wait around until the bus is full or for the stupid people who wait until they are getting ready to leave the ship to realize they need their sail and sign card as well as their personal identification (drivers license).

Off subject a bit, the above scenario annoys me to no end. The ship's captain makes the same announcement every 15 minutes or so beginning at 0-dark:30 in the morning, advising EVERYONE that in order to leave the ship you need both your sail and sign PLUS your identification. Without fail, there is always some idiot who is scheduled on an excursion that will wait until he/she is right at the front of the line at the gangplank to realize they do not have identification. Now the entire group has to wait for STUPID to go back to their cabin, unlock their safe, retrieve their ID and make their way back to the gangplank.

I think I need to start a grip about this. It annoys, annoys, annoys me!!!

But I digress . . . .

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old December 30th, 2007, 11:45 PM
First Mate

Default Re: which beach excursion in Cozumel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959

Michelle,
I had that same dilemma, couldn't decide which to do, but finally decided on Playa Mia. We had a great time. If there is anything specific you want to know, just ask me and I'll be glad to answer if I can.

Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old December 31st, 2007, 08:57 AM
Passenger

I'm planning on Playa Mia in a couple of weeks. Is it worth paying the deluxe price and getting drinks and the food buffet? Was the buffet any good? About how long does it take to get there from the ship.
I'd like to go shopping first and take my stuff back to ship then go, so I'm wondering if it would be better not to book with the ship. Don't want to worry about being back at a certain time.
Thanks!
Carnival Holiday 1-2008
Old December 31st, 2007, 08:58 AM
Admiral

thanks, I just wanted to know if they were about the same (activities, quality of beach, food). I DO want to go on an excursion as I don't want to have the ship sail without me if a taxi gets a flat tire or is late getting me back.
Old December 31st, 2007, 11:18 AM
First Mate

It is about a 30 minute drive when you factor in the congestion around the pier. The food was good; the drinks were great, but you should know that although there are bars all around the beach, the one where the drinks are included is under the large pavillion area where the lunch buffet is served. It really isn't that far of a walk, we just didn't know and we went to the closest bar to get a refill and they told us we needed to go to the other place.

We got back to the dock and had plenty of time to walk around and go to the pharmacy and do some other shopping.

I am with you Michelle, unless I am just going shopping near the dock, I will be on a ship excursion. I was on one in Grand Cayman that was late getting back, and I have never been so glad that it was a ship excursion and not private.

Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:31 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:

I haven't been to Playa Mia Beach, but I've been to Pasion Island twice and would go again in a heartbeat. The beach is located on a private island and not overrun with people. Open bar and the grilled lunch is very good. The tour bus will bring you back to the pier with enough time to cross the street for some shopping or fun at Carlos and Charleys.
Old December 31st, 2007, 07:06 PM
Passenger

please skip the cruise execursion and do this one instead.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/C...BeachBreak.htm

its so good, I ran into our cruise ship conceiger who was suprized i knew about it, even without his help. its his favorite place. I did this on my own, (read about it from the board hers), make my reservaton online prior to the cruise). Grab my own cab at the pier and passed by all these other beach resorts will long lines. I loved this place. they waited on me hand and foot. my glass was never empty. It was just too beautiful. Quiet though. So if you are looking for crazy, you'll need to go to one of the other resorts. oh the food, you chose off the menu, but all is included if your reserve ahead. the food was great. when it was time to leave, my "servant" called a cab. it was there within 10 minutes. he would not let me wait outside by the driveway. he kept an eye on me the whole time. i felt very safe.

Carnival Destiny 03/30/08
RCL Enchantment 09/24/07
Carnival Liberty 02/05
Carnival Glory 01/03
Old December 31st, 2007, 09:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have done both excursions and if you want a quiet and beautiful beach go to Isla Pasion....if you want a more lively time and lots of people watching and activities go to Playa Mia...
Carnival Celebration 03/06
Carnival Fantasy 12/06
Carnival Fantasy 04/07
Carnival Glory 10/07
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2008
Carnival Fascination Oct 2008
Carnival Holiday April 2009
Carnival Dream Dec 2009
Carnival Triumph Jan 2010
Carnival Dream May 2010
Carnival Elation Jan 2011
Carnival Triumph May 2011
Carnival Fascination Feb 2012
Carnival Conquest 12/09/12
Carnival Fascination 01/06/13
Old January 1st, 2008, 02:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:

I haven't been to Playa Mia Beach but I HAVE been to Isla Pasion Beach aka Passion Island and absolutely loved every minute of it. The only negitive would be that the actual beach time is only about 3 hours. It was well worth the $75 pp however. I will go there again without a doubt. It was heavenly......so quiet, peaceful and romantic.....and the most beautiful beach and island I have ever been too.

As far as I know you can only get there thur a ship sponsored excursion. You can't do it on your own. Although when I questioned one of the locals on the island they informed me that if I was staying in Cozumel for vacation that I could arrange a full day trip. I'm not sure how to go about that or if it is accurate but I would do it an a min if I could! The food there is very tasty but I may be bias as Mexican is my fav food. The drinks were endless (don't know if that's a good thing if you want to remember your experience there)

I also would like to check out the place (http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/C...BeachBreak.htm) that smlaker mentioned in her post. That sounds fun.

I can't wait to go back to cozumel and am presently in the process of putting together a 4-5 day vacation to there.
Old January 1st, 2008, 09:17 PM
Captain

do any of these have good snorking (or even the smaller quiet resort posted a few back?)

we MUST snorkle! We didnt love the beach at charkanaab (sp) because of all the rocks, but the snorkling was good (my son has never been snorkling, and its what he wants to do most, along with swimming and building a sandcastle.)

thanks, we leave in 3 weeks!
Old January 1st, 2008, 11:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

We have been to passion isle and it was absolutely wonderful! Well worth the money we spent - open bar - open mexician lunch - the most beautiful beach you can imagine. I always take the cruise excursions out of knowing that the ship won't leave me. I'd rather pay a few more pennies for the peace of mind (just my opinion). I wanted to go back to passion isle (leaving Monday) in cozumel, however wanted to snorkel and opted for chankauub instead since the snorkeling is awesome there. Unfortunately we are going to progresso - where there is no snorkeling, so we have to beach it there and the beaches arn't good from what I understand.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylroy
We have been to passion isle and it was absolutely wonderful! Well worth the money we spent - open bar - open mexician lunch - the most beautiful beach you can imagine. I always take the cruise excursions out of knowing that the ship won't leave me. I'd rather pay a few more pennies for the peace of mind (just my opinion). I wanted to go back to passion isle (leaving Monday) in cozumel, however wanted to snorkel and opted for chankauub instead since the snorkeling is awesome there. Unfortunately we are going to progresso - where there is no snorkeling, so we have to beach it there and the beaches arn't good from what I understand.
Thanks, I will consider Isla Pasion first = and I agree I want peace of mind knowing I won't get left behind and am willing to pay for it. I want a peaceful beautiful beach and it sounds like this one fits the bill.

3 hours is fine - I'll mostly be under an umbrella anyway, other than just walkingi along the beach for a little bit collecting shells and feeling the waves hit my ankles! I avoid the sun as much as I can to keep from getting skin cancer and to keep looking much younger than I am!
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

I had been thinking about checking out Isla Passion, but the place that smlaker mentioned looks outstanding. A question - anyone who has been to Passion Island, how crowded is it there? I don't want to be packed in like a sardine with 1,000 other cruisers on the beach, I'm looking for more of a quiet/romantic getaway.

Carnival Conquest April 2008
Carnival Conquest April 2009

Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

You definitely won't be packed in! It is a limited excursion and only a group gets to go ----- you have PLENTY of room!! I mean PLENTY. Its wonderful!
Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:46 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
You definitely won't be packed in! It is a limited excursion and only a group gets to go ----- you have PLENTY of room!! I mean PLENTY. Its wonderful!
I agree, when I was there last June, there were probably on 40 people on the island. On a side note, make sure you get the bus with Issac Herrera....he's a wonderful tour guide.

Michelle, you will enjoy Passion Island! Don't miss the water balloon game.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
Passenger

Default We used Island Marketing LTD in Cozumel, awesome deal

I book an all inclusive day pass through Island Marketing LTD, it was awesome. It was at the Wyndom Reef Club. All food, drinks and non motorized water sports free. The four of us shared a cab, about $12.00 we got there around 10:00 had a lite brunch since we had breakfast on the ship. Went down to the beach and sat under the palapas and had coctails. It was a rainy day and rough seas so no snorkeling, or sailing. We went swimming in the pool, and then back to the palapas rested and enjoyed the beauty. More cocktails, then lunch, back to palapas. Walked the beach, then rested. The only down side was no changing room, so I went up to the spa and asked if I could shower and change. No problem, we went down to the front caught a cab back to the ship and hour before departure. Did not want to get left, I have heard too many stories. The cost was 40.00 pp it was well worth it even though we did not get to use the snorkeling equip or sailboats. That is the chances one takes when the cruise in October, at least we missed hurrican dean.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SACRUISER
Quote:
I agree, when I was there last June, there were probably on 40 people on the island. On a side note, make sure you get the bus with Issac Herrera....he's a wonderful tour guide.

Michelle, you will enjoy Passion Island! Don't miss the water balloon game.
There was also around 40 of us when we went this past Dec. And YES Issac was wonderful. My husband says he is the best tour guide he has ever had. I have pictures if you are interested Michelle.