After five cruises with Carnival, I have to complain about some things that Carnival makes me do. After reading this list, maybe some of you fellow CCâ€™s could advise me on whom to contact. Ok, why does Carnival make me:
1. Wait in line to check in without offering me a Foo-foo drink?
2. Meet all these smiling, pleasant people that direct me to the Lido deck for a lunch as soon as we board the ship?
3. Get my first Foo-foo drink with my lunch?
4. Get to my cabin to drop off my carryon luggage and then met at the door by the cabin stewards that are smiling, eager to see if we need anything, and wants to know our names?
5. Eat at least five times a day, but offer eight meals, not to include 24 hour room service, and 24 hour pizzeria?
6. Have waiters that know our names after the first night and seem to know just what would be good for me to eat?
7. Have great entertainment throughout the cruise that makes us happy, laugh, and just enjoy ourselves?
8. Eat, sleep, or use the restroom and nothing else?
9. Live in a clean room, clean ship, and everyone seems to be having a great time?
10. Get off the ship just because we ended back to the port we started from?
Can anyone offer a suggesting about how we can handle these observations on our upcoming Triumph cruise?
Carnival Ecstasy 97
Carnival Fantasy 98
Carnival Imagination 03
Carnival Glory 05
Carnival Elation 07
Carnvial Triumph 08
Wating in line is something I think all of us are used to whether it is at the grocery store, Walmart, bank, or as my friend commented on recently waiting in line to see the teachers at report card time because the teacher "needs to speak to you."
As for everything else on the list. We'd be bored silly if there was nothing to do on the ship!!!!
As for eating--some people take full advantage of the "eat anytime of the day" idea and do so...That is gluttony.....
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
Whatta nerve they have treating passengers like that. Sheesh, just who do they thinl they are???
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
I absolutely agree with you and disagree with their "totalitarian" approach. How can they make us do these things? I'm glad you brought these to my attention as I never realized this list could be so long. I'm going to cancel my February cruise immediately.
I'm a masochist, I'm waiting for June to be treated in the above fashion on Fascination. Since my first cruise in July, I have a hopeless addiction to the sort of treatment I received on Sensation and hope it will be more of the same on Fascination.
Yep, it's a terrable thing, but you just have to put up with all that stuff in order to take a "Carnival" cruise. One thing that I've noticed though, is that after you get "Platinum" status, they no longer make you wait in line without the "foo-foo" drink to get checked in, but instead rush you right aboard and into the arms of those smiling people who show you where the foo-foo drinks and food are on the Lido deck. Can it get any worse? I guess I'll just keep putting up with all those things on your list.