Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:16 AM
Passenger

Default Conquest Verandah deck ?

Pros and cons of having a balcony cabin on the Verandah deck on the conquest. AFTSHIP/STARBOARD.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:40 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Conquest Verandah deck ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob6465
Pros and cons of having a balcony cabin on the Verandah deck on the conquest. AFTSHIP/STARBOARD.
I was in room 8293 last June.

pros:
privacy, incredible views, one level down from the lido deck, noise free, acknowledgement that all future cruises will have balconies

cons:
looking down and seeing bigger suite balconies on the Empress deck below, paying for future balconies
Old January 3rd, 2008, 06:37 AM
Passenger

SACRUISER ? I like/don't like your answer. I like it because of the pros and don't like it because this is my wife and I's 2nd cruise and 1st time we had a balcony and wife will not get anything less than a balcony. I'm afraid if she sees bigger suite balconies she'll want that next....lol.
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

The verandah deck is a good choice to go with. I had one more midship and just below the Lido deck. No noise at all was to be heard, even when there was a late night deck party.

The balcony cabins are the best, but the suites are nice too. If you think yourt spouse will be spoiled and always want a suite, don't worry. Yes, they are nice, but they are just a larger version of a balcony cabin. Unlike some cruise lines that have suites going anywhere from 300 square feet to 2000 square feet--The larger ones would be a spoiler for future cruises that you can only afford a balcony.

I have a suite booked for February, but other than it being larger and VIP boarding, I won't have problems going back to a standard balcony cabin. VIP boarding is nice, however, it is also used for anyone Platinum and over, and large groups (with a mixed lot of balcony, inside, outside, and suite cabins). I don't agree that large groups shoud get VIP treatment when boarding, let them all get to the port together and get in line together and meet up when on the ship. That and how many of them are platiunum and booking suites as opposed to a basic cabin.

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....