CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   adult only pool areas (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/344324-adult-only-pool-areas.html)

smlaker January 5th, 2008 02:28 PM

adult only pool areas

does all carnival ships have adult only pools? I'm on the desinty next.

misguidedangel January 5th, 2008 02:38 PM

There is no adult only pool, there are adult only hot tubs at the very back of the the ship where the pizza and burgers are located.

Phil&Liz January 5th, 2008 07:51 PM

Don't count on the pools or the hot tubs to be adults only.

Carnival has poor to nonexistant enforcement on keeping the kids out,

Phil & Liz

BarJen January 5th, 2008 11:20 PM

The Imagination and Inspiration now have adults only areas, aft where the children's pool used to be. I wonder if all the Fantasy class ships will be doing this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...tsonlyarea.jpg

skymaster January 6th, 2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil&Liz
Don't count on the pools or the hot tubs to be adults only.

Carnival has poor to nonexistant enforcement on keeping the kids out,

Phil & Liz

This is TRUE! Sometimes they enforce the "Adults Only" rule, and sometimes they don't. I've actually seen the security folks ask kids to leave the adults only pool, and have gone up to thank them. It's unusual for them to enforce the rules, but on some ships, they do.

Ken
"SKY"

smlaker January 6th, 2008 09:14 AM

thats too bad. we had an adult only pool on RCCL, although it was an atrium and was way too hot in there .

from what I recall the hot tubs on carnival only even hot. they did have an european adult suntan deck for topless tanning. do they still offer that? i thought I read they did away with that.

Johnathan January 6th, 2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarJen
I wonder if all the Fantasy class ships will be doing this?

Yes from what I hear from my PVP at Carnival they plan to have this on all Fantasy class ships in the next few years. It looks like a slow process though since its a whole month in dry dock for all the upgrades. They look well worth it though and I can't wait to experience the Carnival Imagination for myself =)

BarJen January 6th, 2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smlaker
thats too bad. we had an adult only pool on RCCL, although it was an atrium and was way too hot in there .

from what I recall the hot tubs on carnival only even hot. they did have an european adult suntan deck for topless tanning. do they still offer that? i thought I read they did away with that.

They used to have a topless area around the funnel decks, not anymore though.

Johnathan January 6th, 2008 04:14 PM

Actually when I was cruising on Celebration last Feb they still had an "adults deck" which was topless. I think it may be the last ship with one of those since if I recall it was on the Sky deck and on its sister ship Holiday I think they have mini golf up there. Anyone confirm that?

Joe323 January 8th, 2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smlaker

From what I heard some idiot took pictures of the topless women so they were forced to discontinue the topless deck due to complaints. I understand that is where they put the mini golf courses now.

sistagoldenhair January 8th, 2008 07:21 PM

Carib. Princess still has a topless sun bathing deck, and idiots still video and take pics..... wish they would get a life!!!!!