Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Passenger

Default Group Travel

I am trying to coordinate a group to go on a cruise to the Southern Caribbean in May. There will prob. be around 10 of us or so. I am just wondering what is the best way to go about booking this? Should I get a TA or just book through Carnival? I've only been on one cruise before and it was just 2 of us so I'm not really sure what to do with more people!! Also, are the rates discounted the more people that book together? I was looking around the website and looking at pricing and when I selected more than 2 people, the rates for the additoinal people were a lot cheaper. What are these rates based on? Is it basing it on everyone in one cabin, or seperate cabins or what? If anyone could please give me some info on this, I would greatly appreciate it!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Right now I'm heading a group aboard Carnival Imagination and having past travel agency experience I felt confident just calling groups department and handling it all on my own. However, this is a lot of responsibility and a lot to keep track of so you may consider calling Groups and see what they suggest. Perhaps consulting an agency that specializes in groups would help. For us they said though that groups should be 8 cabins or more. And we found there was a lower rate and you'll also enjoy amenity points and some other perks. Best of luck, the more the merrier =)
05/14/2008 Carnival Spirit (Glacier Bay - Alaska)
11/12/2007 Carnival Freedom (US Inaugural - W Carib)
02/01/2007 Celebration (Bahamas)
Old January 6th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

If you want to save money you'll get yourself a qualified travel agent.

Agents aren't allowed to advertise prices lower than Carnival, because of Carnival Cruise Line's rules forbidding it. But they are allowed to discount from their commissions if you make direct contact with the agent.

If you are booking a group, the agencies I think the agencies will certainly be inclined to discount the rates.

Carnival will give you the group rate, but an agent will give you a group rate, plus a discount.
Old January 7th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Passenger

Thanks so much for the info! I will definitey be getting in touch with a TA! Is there any way to find a good one who is experienced with booking groups?
Old January 7th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I'd speak to several and get some quotes.

You can try the agent currently handling some of the group cruises for CruiseMates
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/CMcruise

You can also talk to some of the large agencies who support CruiseMates with their advertising. I can't guarantee any of them, as I haven't of them, other than our group agents, personally. However all our advertisers are long and well established large agencies, with plenty of group cruise business.