Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Beginner

Default Balcony cabin w/obstructed view, opinions please

Anyone ever have an obstructed balcony cabin with lifeboat directly below? I see it as still being able to view the horizon / water etc only not to be able to look down below you to another balcony.....could be a good thing? Experts please advise! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Admiral

The only one I ever had was on the Carnival Spirit. The life boat was directly in front of the glass doors (same level) blocking the view completely. You could look down and see water thru the cracks. It was a nice cabin but no view whatsoever. Other ships or other cabins could be different.
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old January 10th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Beginner

Thank you for that ~ Do you remember what deck(?) you were on as I am speaking about the "Spirit" also.
Old January 10th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

I know on the Spirit I was looking at this option and one way to get a balcony discount is to take a cat 7A balcony. These ones are sold as obstructed views but the lifeboats are -below- your balcony! So you don't have much in your way, you just can't look right down to the water. This tip comes from my PVP and I did confirm it in a few reviews I read of Spirit Class ships.
05/14/2008 Carnival Spirit (Glacier Bay - Alaska)
11/12/2007 Carnival Freedom (US Inaugural - W Carib)
02/01/2007 Celebration (Bahamas)
Old January 10th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Admiral

The cabin I had was on Main Deck 4147. View from this cabin is completely blocked by the lifeboat which is at Main Deck level. After rechecking it is classified as 5A Stateroom with French Doors Railing and obstructed view. Anything above that classified as 7A would better.
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Beginner

Thank you both for your information. It has been quite helpful
Old January 12th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Passenger

Has anyone had any problems with balcony accomodations with an obstructed view on the Victory ?
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Beginner

Just had a obstucted view cabin on the Legend, it was cheaper than a inside cabin, but I don't spend time in my cabin, only sleep.........but you do get light and you can open the french doors.......