Booked & honeymooning (1st time cruisers) A couple of ?'
We are booked for the 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise to embark on 02/24/08. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get ''special'' treatment (ex: private dining table for 2)...don't wanna be treated like roaylty....but would like to make our trip extra special. =) My travel agent said that they are going to ''seranade'' us...do they really do that?
As for the table, when you board one of the first things to do would be to try to visit with the Matre D and arrange for the table. Maybe try to get the CD's help. The CD might also be able to help with any other special requests.
I (Phil) was able to get the CD to arrange a time during a dance at the Captains party for me to propose to Liz.
Since you are first time cruisers you will have lots of questions that I am sure all the good folks here wqill be able to help you with.
A few tips I have:
1. Read the Capers every night.
2. Book excursions early. Online if you can, or very soon day 1 on the ship.
3. Things happen. Get trip insurance.
4. Have fun! Even if things aren't the best, make the best of the trip.
Phil & Liz
The Original Phil & Liz
The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money. Margaret Thatcher
Never take an idiot travelling, you can always pick one up when you get there. Billy Connolly
I Didn't Come here and I ain't Leaving.
9/01/2013 Carnival Legend
2/16/2014 BC 7
20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.
Good suggestions Phil. Congrats on the honeymoon. If you TA told them that it was your honeymoon, they will sing "Happy Honeymoon" to you in the dining room. You can go to the shop named Formalities and get flowers and other special items. On our Dec 30th cruise we ordered a 2 tier wedding cake for our neice and her new husband that were married while we were in port in St Thomas. It was delivered to the dining room, and we had it for dessert along with a bottle of champagne. You can also go online and order cabin decorations before you leave for the cruise.
February 25, 2011
- You might want to look online to gift ideas on carnival.com. I am not sure if the TA will send you anything (flowers, wine, other items) to your room when you arrive but you might want to look into that yourself.
- Definitely check "Capers" the daily newspaper. For others, do they have some sort of party for the newlyweds onboard. My last cruise was for a Honeymoon and I booked with RCI and there was a party there.
Congratulations and Best Wishes!
Jan '08 - Carnival Legend
Aug '04 - RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas
Apr '02 - RCCL Adventure of the Seas
Dec '00 - RCCL Grandeur of the Seas
Mar '96 - Carnival Imagination
Mar '94 - NCL S/S Norway