Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Sterling Silver
Default Very happy with my "guarantee" cabin assignment

We usually book a "guarantee" cabin. There is a certain amount of suspense and excitement in checking the cruise website every day, until finally a cabin is assigned. Sometimes that will be five months before the cruise, but usually 30-60 days. We have been disappointed a few times, especially on Celebrity and NCL. On the other hand, Princess and Carnival have given us some wonderful cabins. Princess once upgraded us from a mini-suite to a FULL suite! Our t.a. had never seen this happen before.
For our March 14 cruise on the Carnival Miracle we booked a balcony guarantee We were given an 8-I with an oversize balcony located at mid ship. Thanks, again, Carnival. You've made us happy campers again!
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Admiral

Wow, that's great.
Do you know.... will it change on the web site even if we have a TA?? Wouldn't we be asked about the upgrade through our TA first?
Thanks.... 8)
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old January 13th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Sterling Silver

Normally I would hear about the cabin assignment from my TA, but in this case, it came on the Carnival site over the weekend when the agency was closed. I hope my TA will not be disappointed when she gets my email Monday telling her the good news before she has a chance to tell me.