Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel
Default The new luggage tags-paper documents

I have been looking at the paper docs we got for our upcoming cruise and I think I will just go with Edoc instead of paper.

Luggage Tags-they are now like the E-docs, except for lack of color, size, and your name(s) are on it. Edocs luggage tags can be printed in color. They would need to be reinforced because of the thinness of the paper, as opposed to the paper doc luggage tags are heavier paper.

No Funpass/personal info pages in the packet as well. All of the information about who is cruising and their homeland security information is NOT in the pack anymore. Edocs has the detailed page you fill out. The ones for our party of three were blank except for name even though I filled out the funpass info completely in December. I filled the info in anyhow, just in case they ask for it.

I think Carnival is trying to get us all to use edocs instead of sending the paper docs out because it saves cost on paper and shipping. Oh well, Edocs is how I'll have to do my September cruise....

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Familiar Face

Default good to know

Thanks for the info.....

I have been debating whether to print mine or ask for the paper documents but now I think I will print the Edocs,....

thanks

Maria
Old January 15th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Admiral

With the Edoc luggage tags I use clear boxing tape to reinforce them. Fold completely flat and tape each side to extend a quarter inch past the edge of doc bonding to the tape on the other side. This gives the appearance tag is laminated. I use a hole punch at the top and attach to luggage with a plastic tie after the flight.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old January 15th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Familiar Face

Default good idea

Good idea....

I think I will try that.

Maria
Old January 15th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I am going to packing tape (clear) the whole tag. I plan on bringing some label covers that I have a zillion of from work (we used them to cover Avery labels to prevent the label from falling off, but I use Tabquik now for labelling folders).

E docs are the way to go now, Carnival is making it more appealing to use edocs...

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old January 16th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Captain

We used paper docs in Dec, but will print Edocs next time. We didn't use anything out of the paper doc folder anyway. We printed the luggage tags and laminated them and punched a hole in them and attached them with rubberbands for easy removal. When we disembarked the ship in Miami we got new ones with the luggage carousel number on them.

AKcruiser
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to saleaaway

Hi printed mine for the first time. I did mine in color and laminated them at work. I'll put them on with zip ties once I get to Miami.

I do have one complaint and that is the fun pass web site. My god what a hassle. The airlines changed my flight so when I went in to change the information the site kept reverting back to the old flight number. I called Carnival and they said it was a "clich" after three times of doing what they told me to do I finally made them correct the issue.

All in all the web site isn't bad to navigate.