Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Familiar Face

Default Carnival changed my room on me....one question

I got a call from my TA that Carnival had maintenance problems on our room so they moved us to a different room of the same type. They moved us to room 2224 on the Conquest. The only thing I notice about this room is it has a note on the deck plan that says "two uppers". I thought that was something that 4 person rooms had which basically amounted to bunk beds that folded out of the wall. This is a 2 person room so what does this mean? Also we are on our honeymoon so we clarified it was very important to us to have 1 queen bed for us. Let me know I don't want to be surprised when I show up. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Captain

Hi Adam,

the 2 dots mean that there are 2 upper beds that CAN be lowered for sleeping. There are 2 lower beds that can be made into a king.

congrats on the wedding/honeymoon!

when do you sail? just courious if they mentioned what was wrong with your old room that couldn't be fixed before you sail....

AKcruiser
Old January 15th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Familiar Face

they said bathroom issues. So this COULD be a 4 person room? Is there any downside to having the beds? do they get in the way or make the room worse in any way? Thanks so much!
Old January 15th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Admiral

This is not a problem, they only pull the uppers down when there are more than two people in the room. If your beds are separated when you get there, simply ask the room steward to put them together, and it should be pretty close to a king size bed. You won't even notice the uppers are there as they are folded into the wall or ceiling when not in use.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 16th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Captain

As Beenie said it shouldn't be a problem at all. On most of the newer ships they are in the ceiling and you'll never see them. On the older ships they fold up against the wall above the lower beds.

Have a great cruise!!!

AKcruiser
Old January 16th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Congratulations on celebrating your honeymoon. Wouldn't it be nice to celebrate each anniversary with a cruise?!! We will celebrate our 35th anniversary next month on the Diamond. In looking at the deck plan it is a quad cabin and like everyone has shared, the extra beds won't be in the way. You are located under the stage area of the theater so I don't know if there will be a noise problem. You didn't say where you were originally so check that out and see what was above you then you can see if this is a better location.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 16th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Captain

Default Uppers?

We got stuck with two uppers a few years ago.
Have the room dude pull one of them down and check it out.
We used one as a large storage shelf for beach towels,
treasures we purchased etc...
From lemons....Lemonade ! !