Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Passenger

Default Soda Cards

Can th soda cards be used by more than one person ? Is the use "tracked" as to the frequency it is used ?
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Soda Cards

On the same sailing, it theoretically ve done. There is no "mag strip" [or anything like that] on it. Has number and is dated--so it cannot be used for multiple cruises.
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to saleaaway

can someone tell me how much they are, and are they worth it. I'm not a big drinker so its soda for me. And do they honor it in the dining room?
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Passenger

Default RE: Soda Cards

Not exactly, you cannot order 2 sodas at one time with the card (i.e. one for me, one for another). However, after you order a soda, you can give that soda to whomever you want to. The amount of drinks you order is not tracked and is for unlimited use until the final night of the cruise. Someone else can use your card as long as they don't check their Sail And Sign card for identification to see if their name matches.
Carnival Miracle 12/23/08
Carnival Legend 4/1/07
Carnival Liberty 1/1/06,11/21/06
Caribbean Princess 5/28/05
Norwegian Wind 3/20/04
Carnival Legend 12/20/02, 3/18/03
Carnival Fascination 11/1/02
Carnival Victory 3/17/02
Carnival Triumph 3/17/01
RCI Majesty Of The Seas 1/5/01
Carnival Ecstasy 1/15/99, 2/04/00
Old January 16th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Beginner

YES IT CAN BE USED IN THE DINING ROOM
Old January 16th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleaaway
can someone tell me how much they are, and are they worth it. I'm not a big drinker so its soda for me. And do they honor it in the dining room?
For a 7-fay cruise, $44 [about $10less for kids]. Individual glasses of soda--which is what you get with the card--about $1.50+15% tip.
Old January 17th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

This may be my own personal expierence with soda cards, but when my wife and I had them on the Glory, we found especally in the theature, the drink people avoided us after we ordered our first drink during the show. They would come back to people purchasing alcohol, but it was very difficult to get the same person to serve us again each night. When someone would serve us 2nd or 3rd time in a single show, those drinks seem to take longer to be brought to us, then those who ordered alcohol around us at the same time. Just something to keep in the back of your mind, we will continue to purchase the soda card as its a great deal for us, but we're rarely satisfied with the level of service in the theature.
Old January 17th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Passenger

Anyone know how much the soda card is for a 4 day cruise? Also does Carnival have coke or pepsi products? My husband can't pass up a Dr. Pepper so if they have that onboard I will probably invest in the soda card.
Thanks!
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Passenger

On our last cruise we bought one card for the two of us. My husband figured that he would just drink tea most of the time. That is, until he found out they didn't have sweet tea! (He's a southern boy!) We would stop at one of the bars on the way to dinner and get a soda for him. Then I would order mine at the table. Worked out great!

Big Red Boat 1996
Carnival Sensation 2006
Old January 17th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanzD
Anyone know how much the soda card is for a 4 day cruise? Also does Carnival have coke or pepsi products? My husband can't pass up a Dr. Pepper so if they have that onboard I will probably invest in the soda card.
Thanks!
Coke products. No Dr. Pepper. They should have Mr. Pibb [Coke's version of the product]. For your cruise, cost would be about $30. Cost, for any cruise, is about $6+ day [price includes tip].
Old January 17th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Admiral

I totally loved the soda card, even though I planned on drinking alcohol, I have to have my soda and it was totally worth it.
My sister who doesn't drink as much soda as I do also used her card alot. It was totally worth it, because you can also order juice anytime of day and any bar (that's included in the soda card).
At one point all I had to do is walk up to the bar and the bartender pour 2 diets sodas, she already knew I had my card and my sisters card. I loved it, what great service.
In August going on our 2nd cruise for 7 days, you better believe the first thing we are buying is our soda cards. 8) 8)
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old January 17th, 2008, 07:09 PM
First Mate

No more soda cards for me. I found that I don't drink $40.00 worth on a 7 day cruise. If you do the math you will find that you need to drink at least 5 sodas a day to get your money's worth. If you are going to drink more than that then a soda card is a good deal. On our last 7 day cruise I had two sodas each night at diner and the total cost for a 7 day cruise was only $21.00.

Read and post cruise reviews
Read and post cruise reviews

Fascination 01/02
Imagination 07/02
Glory 07/04
Glory 12/04
Valor 12/05
Miracle 08/06
Fascination 10/06
Triumph 06/07
Inspiration 11/07
Destiny 08/08 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 11/09 (VIP Status)
Inspiration 10/10 (VIP Status)
Destiny 10/11 (VIP Status)
Enchantment of the Seas(RC)04/13
Dream 07/13
Old January 18th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Admiral

I'm sorry Airforce, but I did the math and according to you, the soda's cost $1.14 each.... they are more than that, plus the tip is aleady included.
According to my math, If I remember correctly, the soda card was 6.00 a day. That's only about 2.00 per soda if you drink only 3, including tip.
Just a reminder, it's good for juices too. Anytime, at any bar.

But I've only been on one cruise, I may not be remember the price just right. But I know I home I drink at least 4 sodas a day.

But hey, soda cards aren't for everyone.... personally, I'm waiting for the beer card.... 8) 8)
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old January 19th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Beer Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrangi
But hey, soda cards aren't for everyone.... personally, I'm waiting for the beer card.... 8) 8)
Yee haw, bring on the beer card !

My travel partner last year figured since she drank a lot of Diet Coke, it would be worth it, plus the juices as mentioned for those "in room" drinks, but they didn't have DC, so we bought the Pineapple juice in port and came out ahead $$ wise.
21 Princess

"You may have less scars, but I'll have better stories"

facebook.com/buggystuff

Friend me if you like!
Old January 19th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Passenger

Does anyone know if you can get sports drinks like Powerade, gatorade, or vitamin water, ect. with the soda card? Do they even have these types of drinks on board. I plan on eating a lot so I don't won't to gain a ton of weight by drinking lots of sodas.
Old January 20th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Familiar Face

i never knew you could use the soda card for juice this is good information. my husband always buys a soda i don't think he gets his money worth when heuses it along we share but i limit my soda intake to one glass a day (unless watered down with liquor) if we can use it for juice i guess we shoul get our moneys worth since our next cruise is 14 days.
Old January 20th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Beer Card

Did you say the ship does NOT have diet coke? I'm a diabetic.. and thats ALL I drink from sun up to sun down..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrangi
Yee haw, bring on the beer card !

My travel partner last year figured since she drank a lot of Diet Coke, it would be worth it, plus the juices as mentioned for those "in room" drinks, but they didn't have DC, so we bought the Pineapple juice in port and came out ahead $$ wise.