Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

lol, jeans are allowed in the dining room . . . as are shorts and miniskirts from what I saw in my last cruise.
Old January 27th, 2008, 03:32 PM
kookylabooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cana57
unless it's your first night, pass on the jeans in the dining rooms, even for breakfast and lunch.

In fairness to all of the other cruisers that take the time and efford to look presentable for dinner, you should do the same. Would you wear jeans to a better restaurant at home?
Denim is allowed on non formal nights so you do NOT have to pass on jeans.Nice denim is presentable and has been for quite some time.Like since the 80's.On my first Carnival cruise I wore black jeans and a royal purple silk shirt.I looked very presentable and others in our group even said so.
Old January 27th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Passenger

Location: The same as you: at my computer, planning the next cruise!
Send a message via Yahoo to shipsNdips
Default Seen several in jeans.

I have been on a few cruises and have witnessed several times numerous people wearing jeans (sometimes pretty worn) to formal dinner. Not to mention the gothic-like or Harley T-shirts for dinner. They were obviously not turned away because I seen them dining. However, I have wondered what they think when they see everyone else around them dressed to the 9's. It doesn't bother me though... everyone is there for their own purpose, but I do feel bad for them because they look somewhat out of place. Then again, if they do not care I certainly don't mind what they wear. Although, I do agree that if it is encouraged to not wear those items, that maybe they should adhere to the rule and look nice while they have a great time on vacation. I love the opportunities to dress up with my ....no it's not really real.... bling-bling! It's so much fun!

Free Cruise Clocks

When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money. ~Susan Heller

And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind. ~Dave Barry
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Admiral

On this issue people get offended so easily. Not to offend anyone...
BUT...
What is so sacred about a pair of bluejeans? Why are some so adamant about wearing them? To me it seems most logical for a cruiseline to declare their formal dining rooms..well...oh...FORMAL! If the cruiseline doesn't consider their dining rooms formal, then that's their prerogative as well.
It's the same with men wearing a tie for the two most formal nights. I have met men who take offensive at being requested to wear a tie. What's wrong with a tie? They pack very easily and take up little luggage space.

At the same time..why does anyone care so deeply how some stranger at the next table dresses ? That person across the room was mis-dressed and it ruined MY vacation? Not hardly !
Neither side of the debate seems able to simply go with the flow, play along, have fun, live, let live!

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old February 5th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Passenger

Location: The same as you: at my computer, planning the next cruise!
Send a message via Yahoo to shipsNdips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
On this issue people get offended so easily. Not to offend anyone...
BUT...
What is so sacred about a pair of bluejeans? Why are some so adamant about wearing them? To me it seems most logical for a cruiseline to declare their formal dining rooms..well...oh...FORMAL! If the cruiseline doesn't consider their dining rooms formal, then that's their prerogative as well.
It's the same with men wearing a tie for the two most formal nights. I have met men who take offensive at being requested to wear a tie. What's wrong with a tie? They pack very easily and take up little luggage space.

At the same time..why does anyone care so deeply how some stranger at the next table dresses ? That person across the room was mis-dressed and it ruined MY vacation? Not hardly !
Neither side of the debate seems able to simply go with the flow, play along, have fun, live, let live!
Thoth - Well said.. spoken like a fine-dressed gentleman!

Free Cruise Clocks

When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money. ~Susan Heller

And that's the wonderful thing about family travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind. ~Dave Barry
Old February 6th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipsNdips
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
:
Thoth - Well said.. spoken like a fine-dressed gentleman!
Thanks ... 8) I do try to be. At home I rarely get the opportunity to dress up so I anticipate going cruising for that purpose.

/ticker.png">