Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Passenger

Default Legend- 3 person balcony room question

We are booked on the Legend 3/16/08- can't wait!!! My question is- the third person bed appears to be the sofa in the room. Is this bed totally uncomfortable? After the nice comfy beds we had last year, this is sort of a disappointment. The last thing I want to hear is my kids arguing over who has to sleep on the sofa. At least it isn't that trundle cot on the floor- would never do that again. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Passenger

They have a overhead drop down from the ceiling bed that I slept in once and had the steward set up the couch as my bed for the rest of the cruise. I preferred the couch, kids may like the overhead.
Old January 18th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

That is a good question because we have three going as well and the sofa is where one of us will be.

Take a tough love stand. Remind your kids who is paying for the trip and suggest they take turns on the sofa. Taking turns means they can't complain because they have no choice.....

My mom and I are taking my niece with us and I might even try the sofabed one night just for the heck of it...There will certainly be more room to move around the sofa bed as opposed to the wee space between the two beds....

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old January 18th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Yeoman

We took a family cruise on the Legend this past June and I was in a balcony cabin and had at least 3 of my 5 g/kids (all between 10 yrs. and 5 yrs old) bunking with me each night. Needless to say, they all wanted to try out Mimi's bed at least once so we spent the week rotating beds...you know, sort of like what Goldielocks went thru. I took my turn sleeping on both the ceiling bed and the sofa and slept like a rock wherever I was, the beds were so comfortable.

Have a great cruise!
Old January 18th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the replies. They like the pull down- I hope that is available, my youngest likes the upper bunk.
I don't mean to imply they argue a lot or are spoiled brats. They do take turns and work things out amongst themselves. But my 6'2" son looked pretty cramped on the trundle bed that they had one time.
First time we have gotten them a balcony room- maybe they will enjoy that so much the bed thing won't even be noticed!
Old January 21st, 2008, 07:30 AM
Beginner

Hey Lemon...my daughter and I will be on the march 16,08 cruise also > We got a balcony too ....on the main level. Hope you have a great time. I can't wait!!!!
Old January 25th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Passenger

Our cabin is on the main deck too. We are traveling with another family- a mom and daughter. What age is your daughter? Perhaps we should move this to a roll call page.