Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro
Default You have to put your credit card on your fun pass now?

I had completed the fun pass for our upcoming cruise before they redid this new web site format. I have this completed fun pass printed out. I now see my fun pass states it is incomplete and not done so when I went to complete it again for a second time I saw you now have to place your credit card you will be using on your sign and sail it to complete the whole process again. Has anyone else seen this also?

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Admiral

I just did a FunPass online, and noticed the same thing. At first, I decided not to fill out that part, then I thought,,,I'll go in and see what they want. All they ask for are the last four digits of the card you'll be using, and the expiration date. NOT THE ENTIRE NUMBER. I went ahead and filled that part out, and that completed the online part.

Ken
"SkyMaster"
Old January 19th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Admiral

This is something new Carnival is adding.

I am not certain it is on ALL ships yet. I thought they were going to "float a ballon" on a couple of ships to see how it went.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old January 19th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Shirley Jones
Default Re: You have to put your credit card on your fun pass now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro
I had completed the fun pass for our upcoming cruise before they redid this new web site format. I have this completed fun pass printed out. I now see my fun pass states it is incomplete and not done so when I went to complete it again for a second time I saw you now have to place your credit card you will be using on your sign and sail it to complete the whole process again. Has anyone else seen this also?
Mine says complete I did do that on my document pages I filled out the sail and sign , So do I need to reprint my funpass Well I went and had to totally redo funpass and WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE ! OH I GUESS WE DO THEIR SERVICE FOR THEM NOW ! Less work for then to do
Conquest 3/10
Ecstasy 6/11
Magic 11/11
Old January 19th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Admiral

What if you get to the port and decide to use a different credit card on the sign in sail then the one you put on the fun pass?

Glory- 4/26/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old January 20th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Beginner

Default Sail and Sign

I completed my Fun pass application and did not have to provide a credit card number.
Old January 20th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Admiral

When did you do it? We had completed ours awhile back and even printed it out, but since the new format started I recently signed on and checked and it says it had to be done again. I would check to make sure you did complete it in the new web format. Our friends had to re do theirs also even though they had a printed out completed fun page from a month earlier.

Glory- 4/26/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:23 AM
First Mate

Just a guess, but I think they want to verify it is 'you' trying to get the pass. Otherwise, anyone can print one out?

Old January 23rd, 2008, 06:41 AM
Admiral

I have yet to get a direct answer whether you can change the credit card or form of payment at sign in or your held to what you put on the fun pass.

Glory- 4/26/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:36 AM
First Mate

Ro, I've changed it at check-in before boarding but even if that has now changed, just go right to the passenger service's desk once you board and they can switch it over for you.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 08:07 AM
Admiral

JaxGuy is correct. You can change the form of payment, or even the card at check-in. No Problem. I went back and checked the other cruises that I'd already completed the "Fun Pass" on, and yep, they said incomplete now. All I had to do was go in and fill in the page that wanted the form of payment, the type of card used, and the last four, and expiration date of that card, then it said I could print out the "Fun Pass" again. They obviously just started this nonsense, but what's a mother to do? I really don't see any harm in it,,,but it's just another pain in the @ss for the cruiser.

Ken
"Sky"

I forgot to mention, that the other page you must fill out, is the acceptance of the contract agreement. Always in the past, this was part of the paper docs you got from Carnival. I'm guessing that this is Carnival getting ready for a paperless check-in for everyone. ie: no more "doc dancing".
Old January 23rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Shirley Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
JaxGuy is correct. You can change the form of payment, or even the card at check-in. No Problem. I went back and checked the other cruises that I'd already completed the "Fun Pass" on, and yep, they said incomplete now. All I had to do was go in and fill in the page that wanted the form of payment, the type of card used, and the last four, and expiration date of that card, then it said I could print out the "Fun Pass" again. They obviously just started this nonsense, but what's a mother to do? I really don't see any harm in it,,,but it's just another pain in the @ss for the cruiser.

Ken
"Sky"

I forgot to mention, that the other page you must fill out, is the acceptance of the contract agreement. Always in the past, this was part of the paper docs you got from Carnival. I'm guessing that this is Carnival getting ready for a paperless check-in for everyone. ie: no more "doc dancing".
Your right skymaster I reprinted my boarding pass and it was differnet had my name and the other person booked with me and my old one only had my name ! I guess we are being our own customer service provider
Conquest 3/10
Ecstasy 6/11
Magic 11/11
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Going on the Holiday tomorrow 1/24 so I have been watching my completed Funpass. One day prior to sailing it went back to incomplete.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:50 PM
First Mate

I've never met a merchant yet who hasn't accepted legitimate payment.
If you've got it, they'll take it!

Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:49 PM
Admiral

Thanks for all the feedback. I can't see how they could possibly go paperless because even in todays age not everyone owns a computer.

Glory- 4/26/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old January 23rd, 2008, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I checked my status last night and it changed to incomplete from complete. I filled the credit card info in and the only reason I can think of that is they want to do a quick check to see if you aren't going to stiff them with a credit card that is maxed out or closed account.

I am having problems with accepting the cruise contract for my minor niece. I've been on hold for close to an hour now and still no one has gotten to me....oh well, I got time....

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....