Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2008, 04:45 PM
First Mate

Cherie, I belived you mentioned that you received a free tube of Vaseline lotion with a little tanner in it? I believe that is the same like the Dove, or Jergans that I had mentioned, and as I said, I really like the Dove.

Someone mentioned that they were worried that it might streak. If you rub in in "correctly" , then you won't have that problem. Also, just use a small amount at a time when you put it on your body, and it will WORK

brneyes
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Passenger

I go tanning and get spray tans all the time too for special events. I definitely reccomend the VersaSpa if there is one in your area. It is made by Magic Tan. It is fabulous and it even air blows you dry after it sprays you so that you don't have to towel dry and worry about rubbing it off! I also reccomend getting the prep spray before also b/c it helps to even everything out. You should definitely try it a few weeks or so before your cruise b/c getting it just right is like an art, it seems to take a few times for you to get used to it and for it to come out just right. It lasts for about a week or so, just make sure you don't exfoliate or use a loofah in the shower or it will come off quicker!
Old February 3rd, 2008, 02:28 AM
Familiar Face

I'm a fan of the slow tanning lotions like Dove. One of my friends told me about taking a B complex vitiam 2 weeks prior to being in the sun. She burns and this helped reduce the burning and tanned. Have no idea if it really works but going to give it a try on our next cruise... hubby burns so quickly.

Voyager of the Seas
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:50 PM
First Mate

merg55, I'm like you I do not know if taking the Vitamin B complex will help for when you are out in the sun, but YES Dove, to me is the way to go.

I'm saying a little sun before you go on vacation is not harmful, but when you live in Missouri , you won't find much sun to be under when it is FREEZING sleet and snow, like it is getting ready to do anytime now.

brneyes
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to christitunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959
A good number of people seem to not have gotten the word that "tan" isn't "in/fashionable" anymore. Find some self-esteem and just go as you are. The sun is bad for your skin but those chemicals are bad as well. I haven't "sunbathed" in 25+ years, my only experience with the sun is when I'm in it going from home to car to work to store... I wear sunglasses every day to protect my eyes and the area around them from sun, wind, snow and cold. I'm turning 49 next month and I still get asked to dance by 28 year old guys who think I'm around 30.

I have seen women younger than me who look OLDER than me and it's because their skin is leathered and damaged from tanning, tanning beds and tanning salon chemicals.
Belated thanks for the encouragement. Since I'm mostly Irish/English/German, I have the cold climate gene and ultra pale skin. When I was younger, the other kids made fun of my paleness and would say ignorant things like "Just lay in the sun." Right; now why didn't I think of that?!? I also heard the same thing as an adult: "OMG you're blinding me, etc." Of course these comments are made by the same retreads who use words like "Carrot Top" and "Fire Engine" when referring to hair.

I've tried the fake tanning creams and they work a little, but they're way more hassle than what they're worth and everything I've tried turns me orange. I wish I could do better at loving my whiteness.
Old April 12th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Passenger

Bottom line is listen to your body. If you burn easy stay out of the sun. If you feel you need to spray or go to a tanning booth then you are too fair skinned or too vain. Is anybody really looking at you anyway? Nobody really cares what another person looks like. There are 3000 people on the ship, you having some color wont be noticed or cared about. If it makes you feel better to be tanned then you have self esteem issues. Goop on the SBF 30 , wear a hat and dont worry about how you are perceived.. sheesh!!
Old April 12th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to christitunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzin4fun
Bottom line is listen to your body. If you burn easy stay out of the sun. If you feel you need to spray or go to a tanning booth then you are too fair skinned or too vain. Is anybody really looking at you anyway? Nobody really cares what another person looks like. There are 3000 people on the ship, you having some color wont be noticed or cared about. If it makes you feel better to be tanned then you have self esteem issues. Goop on the SBF 30 , wear a hat and dont worry about how you are perceived.. sheesh!!
Yep best thing for me is to just avoid the sun and have fun; you are right.