Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Passenger

Default Triumph Review

I just returned from a week on the Triumph and thought I would share a quick review. I went with a group of 16. My brother got married on board just before setting sail. This was my 5th Carnival cruise. Others in the group were either on their 1st or second cruise. First of all, I would like to say that despite my rants below, I/we all had a good time and made the most of it. A lot of my observations are based against past cruises so others did not notice it as much.

With a few exceptions, we found the crew to not be very friendly or outgoing. I never even met my cabin stewart. I did get friendly greetings from his assistant regularly in the hallway though.

Our group of 16 was too large to fit at one table so they split us into 2 right next to eachother which was nice. What wasnt nice is that we had two different wait staff teams. One was great, fast, friendly and the other was the oppisite. If you have the chance to have Dejan and Matte from Croatia wait on you, you are in for a treat. Dejan asked for all of our names the first night and addressed us accordingly the rest of the cruise. Our other wait team ran about a half hour later than the good team. We were also disappointed when the photographer would not accomidate a group photo with all of us. He made us split into the two groups of our table.

I was disappointed to learn that Carnival has stopped selling buckets of beer up on the sunning decks. I know that we bought more when we could get a bucket and have them waiting for us on ice. The problem we were incountering is that when we ordered a single drink it would take quite a while to recieve it and it had often gotten warm while it circled the deck on a tray delivering to too many guests at a time. The price per bottle has also gone up, $4.75 + $0.71 for gratutity. The ship also ran out of Bud Light (my drink of choice) on day 4 of the trip. Guess maybe its a good thing that the buckets were not available or it would have been on day 2. I know that the ship also ran out of Baccardi Limon because a couple others in our group drink that. Who knows what else they were short on.

Our hallway had a bad sewer smell. I am not sure of the connection, but our toilet would not flush half of the time. We also had to call maintance when the ceiling started dripping (I dont want to know what) and soaked the floor next to the door.

Finally I saw another post on this subject, but most in our group commented that if Carnival's photos were not so spendy, we would all have purchased more. I do not know exactly how photo paper works. One person told me that they can recycle it, but it still seams like a huge loss on all the photos that they print and dont sell.

Please let me know if you have similar experiences on the Triumph or other ships so I can decide if I want to continue sailing with Carnival or try another line. It just seams that Carnival is raising prices with while offering less.
Sponsored Links