Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2008, 07:36 PM
First Mate

Kuki -

Thanks for the wonderful coverage of the Bloggers' Cruise. I honestly am disappointed that the wife and I could not attend, but that happens - of course, the fact that we took the Transatlantic Cruise in Oct/Nov doesn't hurt.

One of these days, I hope we get the chance to meet. Although I only briefly got to meet John & Heidi, I feel very close to them through the blog. The short time we spent with them proved them to be wonderful people - I can't wait until we get to see them in Genoa as we take the Carnival Splendor out of the shipyard and point it towards Dover, England.

Jon (now know on John's blog as 2009bloggerscruiseherewecome)
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
08/04 Smokefree Paradise (8 days due to Francis)
01/07 Carnival Liberty
11/07 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old January 26th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Beginner

kuki it was great seeing you and your lovely wife again, great seeing old friends that we cruised with over the years. This cruise was very special for me and suzann, it was outstanding, we loved every minutes of it, john is a very special person he became our cruise friend years ago then a true friend now a dear family member. Thank you for everything you did, your reviews are top of the line, great job, also great picture of me giving john his plaque. See you for john heald bloggers cruise #2 in 2009..
Old January 28th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Kuki,

I found another local entertainer that might attract a crowd. He puts on a great show here.

He has a website www.brandonbennettlive.com

Here is Aaron Neville

So NOW, you guys can work on the entertainment.

Melody
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default St. Maarten question for Kuki

Kuki, Welcome back and by the way did you get off the Freedom this last Sunday in Miami? If you did I was on the Century docked right behind you all. I have a question for you, Do you know if Carnival changes the ship time for our cruise when we hit St. Maarten or do they keep EST. I am meeting some friends there on the Explorer and time is critical. I know I was on Princess once and my dad was on the Glory and one of our ships changed time and I can't remember who. I just know we were a hour apart.

Thanks, Vince
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Vince .... I don't have a definitive answer for you because this cruise did not do the Eastern Iitn.

I can tell you that on the Western route, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica the ship DID NOT change times.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 29th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Almost all those on the Bloggers cruise , other than those doing B2B should be home.

We'd love to hear some of your thoughts and experiences about this cruise. Just post your thoughts here.....I could only describe my experience. Surely you have moments to share with us.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Admiral

For those who've read both last week's and this daily cruise report....and lived through the 4 formal nights with me, in the slightly oversnug suit tales.... Here's a pic I just got from Mrs. Kuki's camera.
Old February 8th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Admiral

I've been asked to bring this forward so people who hadn't read it previously could find it easier.
Old February 8th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Admiral

NOTE: this FINAL THOUGHT was in a different thread, so I've added it here, to have the complete story in one spot.

Bloggers Cruise- It’s the People Silly!

It’s the people silly! Or, it’s the silly people? Now that the Blogger’s Cruise has ended, and I’ve had a night’s sleep to reflect, if it wasn’t obvious before, it certainly is now. The entire Blogger’s Cruise is about the people. The ship was of little consequence; it could have been any ship. The itinerary was of little consequence; it could have been anywhere. This one was about the PEOPLE!

It was about John and Heidi, and all the lives they’ve so obviously have touched over the years; It was about Robert and Suzann who’ve cruised with John 40 times, and it was about me who first cruised with John in ’96, and then shortly after the “911 attacks? when we had a scheduled Test Your Sanity Group Cruise, and everyone who made it to the ship was still in shock, and John was so amazing, in his own way, giving everyone present permission to have fun again; to smile again.

It was about Big ED who reading John’s Blog got involved, and began his own blog to run parallel to John’s for those booking the Bloggers group cruise, to talk and plan. It was about Roberto devoting so much of his energy to organize, then having to leave mid-cruise. It was about Stephanie, picking up and doing double duty after Roberto left. It was about the fun meeting new CruiseMates for the first time, and seeing old friends again. It was about the staff truly doing their utmost to help passengers have a good time.

It was really about connecting people; People of all ages, sizes, backgrounds, and nationalities connecting with each other, and being nice to each other, and having fun together and with strangers.

Living at a time when the earth has become such a globally attached world can oddly contribute to people being isolated, and unconnected.

I’ve been connecting with people (cruiser’s specifically) on the Internet for 12 years now. We’ve become dear friends with people I might not have even had a conversation with, if we were sitting next to one and other in a land based restaurant, or commuting home sitting next to each other.

The amazing world of the Internet gives people who may be house bound the opportunity to touch and communicate with others. It allows cruisers to share their excitement before their cruises, and write reviews expressing their opinions on their return, because people read them, and it makes their opinions really count.

Now we have blogging, and John’s Blog Thingy has grown to entertain and inform so many. But just as importantly it has also become a community, where the members speak to each other. It’s no longer just a lecture or expose of life at sea by John and Heidi. It’s a bit of a twist in my mind that on message boards topics are called threads. Because I think all of this relates to the threads that join us to each other through John’s Blog, through CruiseMates, and other Internet sites.

The Blogger’s Cruise clearly demonstrated that despite small issues which may have occurred and bothered some people, overall there was a rather magical atmosphere onboard that turned out to be all about being connected with other cruisers… other people!

And any event of any nature that connects people that way has to be judged an enormous success. I’m delighted that I was able to play a part, and delighted to connect with so many new people myself. Hope you’ve enjoyed reading about the past 7 days from my sometimes “Kuki? view point. And hope we can all keep connecting on future CruiseMates Group Cruises, and on future Blogger’s cruises.

You can join us on Bloggers Cruise 2 .. the Blog2NOLA Cruise . Just use this link http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=589020
Old February 29th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Passenger

Default Thanks so much for all of the information!

Kuki~~I had a difficult time finding this thread with all its info because I missed it back in January!!

Gosh, I want to say "thank you" for putting all of this wonderful information together! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your insights and impressions, viewing your photos, traveling with you on your journey!

I cannot wait to cruise on the Freedom in October '08! The Freedom looks like a wonderful ship.

And BTW...I love any decor that resembles "an Italian W***e House!" I laughed a lot when I read that line (on your first page)!

Take care and thanks again! You seem like a great guy and I am happy that everyone had such a wonderful and memorable time!

Toni Lee Fiore

Sogni Italiani
First Time Cruiser

Free Cruise Clocks