CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Which drinks are free? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/345412-drinks-free.html)

lauera9482 January 24th, 2008 06:04 PM

Which drinks are free?

which drinks come with the price of the cruise? Do you get anything other than tap water?

Can you get lemonade or juice or bottled watter, or anything?

Thanks,
DRU

Donna January 24th, 2008 07:03 PM

They do charge for bottled water, soda, and alchol. You can get, free of charge, coffee, tea, iced tea, fruit juice in the buffet when they are open. Any juice in the morning with breakfast is also free.

Sammy1954 January 24th, 2008 07:35 PM

You can drink any juice, fountain water, tea hot or cold .
They charge for wine, bottled water , pop and alchol of
any kind.

lauera9482 January 24th, 2008 07:41 PM

what about lemonade? And can you get it pretty much all day long if it is free?

What times are the buffets open?

ginnyanne January 24th, 2008 07:48 PM

I think that even when the buffet is not open you can go in and get juice. The fruit punch is really pretty tasty, but the tea tastes like it's from a mix so it's not all that great.

parnett January 24th, 2008 07:59 PM

Yes you can get lemonade. The tea is YUCK! (Instant)..

Johnathan January 24th, 2008 08:26 PM

And if you don't feel like going up to the Lido buffet then pick up your phone and have a juice sent to your stateroom with some food =) the room service can be a nice touch

melissaj426 January 24th, 2008 09:10 PM

yes you can get it even when the buffet is closed the drink machines are still open

BobMiller January 25th, 2008 03:43 PM

You can also get free alcoholic drinks at the Captains Party, the Past Guests Party, and the Art Auctions. Other than the fu-fu drink at sail-away those few free drinks cover all I need.

You can bring on a few canned / bottled sodas or waters. The steward keeps the ice bucket full in your room. I say a few, I saw one family take 3 cases of soda on. But 2-3 get me through the week.

On the Lido deck there are numerous self serve drink stations where you can get the juices, tea, and lemon aid everyone else has already mentioned. (Don't forget to look for the softserve ice cream and yogert stations too.)

parnett January 25th, 2008 04:50 PM

So these fu fu drinks, what are they? When I went on my first criuse with carnival I was offered a drink. Are they free? Is alcohol in them?

dina January 25th, 2008 04:54 PM

pina coladas, yellow birds.. basically frozen drinks with umbrellas and fruit. They are not free and it does cost extra to put booze in them..

earl January 25th, 2008 04:54 PM

The drinks are free if someone treats you. :D

parnett January 25th, 2008 04:59 PM

Sounds Yummy!