CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Let the packing begin! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/345511-let-packing-begin.html)

misguidedangel January 26th, 2008 03:22 PM

Let the packing begin!

Seven days!!! Seven Days!!!

I started to pack and I am glad I decided to use my 19" rolling suitcase as a carry on because it can hold quite a bit!!!! I have two large 24" and I have already backed 75% of my clothes only to find that my suitcases are 50% empty!!!! That is a good thing, oh ya, it means I can bring back lots of goodies. It's going to b e a pain to try and haul three suitcases, but I'll manage....

I'll be using my beach bag as my purse and I'll have whatever I'll be bringing from my purse, my cruise folder/info, tickets, passports, a book/magazine, and my cameras (two digital and one video).

Now all I have to worry about is hoping the flight is on time because we have a shuttle bus picking us up from the airport. I checked the flight we'll be on and it landed late, extremely late. If that was our flight we would have 12 minutes to get off the plane, collect our bags, and be on the bus to Galveston!

Seven days....

BarJen January 26th, 2008 04:10 PM

Sure will be nice to go somewhere warm for a while, won't it! :D

Have a wonderful trip! :D

Chefkel22 January 26th, 2008 09:17 PM

Wow-you get to take 3 suitcases??????

My husband told me one and only one. Now I have to figure out how to condense and make it work.

Last year was the same rule. And guess which bag weighed the most? Yup, hubby's.

Have fun and enjoy your trip.

Safe sailing.

AlaskanGrown January 27th, 2008 02:18 AM

We just pulled our suitcases out of the crawl space and started packing for our Wendsday night departure to California. We're ready for our way over due cruise!

travelgalSue January 27th, 2008 01:34 PM

Two weeks from now I'll be onbaord heading to where it is a whole lot warmer. As for packing, several years ago I discovered those packing bags and will not travel without them. You can get so much in them it saves space. I used to do the 3 suitcase thing now I can get everything for a 7 day cruise in one 24in that I check and my carryon. Hubby has a smaller 22 inch and a small duffle so we can travel much lighter than in years past. Give these bags a try you'll be glad you did. One other thing, I purchase the spray wrinkle release and pack it in the checked bag. Once onboard I take the clothes out hang them up, give them a squirt of the spary and by the time I need to wear it the wrinkles are gone.

misguidedangel January 27th, 2008 01:36 PM

Poor dear, ONE suitcase, for a seven day cruise. I could force everything into one suitcase. It would be overly full to the point I wouldn't have any room to put anything I happen to buy. I used the two large ones in September and it worked, but the carry on was a pain the arse to haul around on my shoulder.

Tell him you need to break out a third suitcase and both of you can use it!!!!

AlaskanGrown January 27th, 2008 03:41 PM

we're doing the 3 suitcase thing, but we have shopping planned during our 11 day trip. One suitecase is just for shopping stuff.

shipsNdips January 27th, 2008 10:57 PM

[quote="Chefkel22"]Wow-you get to take 3 suitcases??????

My husband told me one and only one. Now I have to figure out how to condense and make it work.

Last year was the same rule. And guess which bag weighed the most? Yup, hubby's.

Have fun and enjoy your trip.

Safe sailing
Quote:

That's crazy- 3 suitcases. woo hoo. Every year I hear if from my husband on how much I pack and the things I DO NOT end up wearing. But, I like to think I am always prepared for my "mood" you never know when those certain pair of shoes would be just perfect. hehe Have fun!

Nothin but blue skies January 28th, 2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelgalSue
Two weeks from now I'll be onbaord heading to where it is a whole lot warmer. As for packing, several years ago I discovered those packing bags and will not travel without them. You can get so much in them it saves space. I used to do the 3 suitcase thing now I can get everything for a 7 day cruise in one 24in that I check and my carryon. Hubby has a smaller 22 inch and a small duffle so we can travel much lighter than in years past. Give these bags a try you'll be glad you did. One other thing, I purchase the spray wrinkle release and pack it in the checked bag. Once onboard I take the clothes out hang them up, give them a squirt of the spary and by the time I need to wear it the wrinkles are gone.

Are you referring to the bags that you vacuum all the air out of to condense them? If so how do you repack to come home? I have thought about doing this and wondered if the steward would loan me a vacuum to pack my clothes! LOL

Monsterbaby January 28th, 2008 11:58 PM

I am packed and ready to go! Suite cases are by the door.........come on Saturday!! (we're leaving a day early).

I can almost smell the tropical seas now!
:D